Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Bluetooth for Wii controllers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My pc does not have bluetooth. I was wondering if the adapter in the link below would give my pc the bluetooth capabilities to use the Wii remote and nunchuck?

Blue Tooth adapter from newegg

Also, i am curious as to how does the pc pick up the motion of the controllers with no sensor bar? thanks
I have that same one. However, I bought mine from the local Walmart for $20. Anyway, I have used 4 Wiimotes simultaneously with no problems (except the batteries running low B| ) And to answer your second question, the PC doesn't "pick up" the motion of the controllers with no sensor bar (with the exclusion of motionplus which doesn't utilize the sensor bar), ha! You have to either build one or buy one. I bought an extended sensor bar (from Walmart) and me and a friend just soldered a usb cable to it to power it. You wont really need the sensor bar for most games though.
(12-04-2010, 06:08 AM)inteGReddy Wrote: [ -> ]I have that same one. However, I bought mine from the local Walmart for $20. Anyway, I have used 4 Wiimotes simultaneously with no problems (except the batteries running low B| ) And to answer your second question, the PC doesn't "pick up" the motion of the controllers with no sensor bar (with the exclusion of motionplus which doesn't utilize the sensor bar), ha! You have to either build one or buy one. I bought an extended sensor bar (from Walmart) and me and a friend just soldered a usb cable to it to power it. You wont really need the sensor bar for most games though.

Does Epic Mickey work and the new Donkey Kong work without the sensor bar? currently those are the only two games i care about. thanks for your help by the way
be carrefully with the bluetooth adapters, I bougth a generic adapter few days ago and it don't support two or more wiimotes, it only support one Sad it's very small like the IOGEAR GBU421W6 in size, so If you¡ll buy some one check if support 2 or more devices =)
(12-04-2010, 08:30 AM)josh6135 Wrote: [ -> ]Does Epic Mickey work and the new Donkey Kong work without the sensor bar? currently those are the only two games i care about. thanks for your help by the way

Most games have alternatives to using the sensor bar. I haven't tried Epic Mickey but I have the new Donkey Kong Country and it doesn't use the bar at all.

(12-04-2010, 11:35 AM)Jebus Wrote: [ -> ]be carrefully with the bluetooth adapters, I bougth a generic adapter few days ago and it don't support two or more wiimotes, it only support one Sad it's very small like the IOGEAR GBU421W6 in size, so If you¡ll buy some one check if support 2 or more devices =)

which is why i said:
(12-04-2010, 06:08 AM)inteGReddy Wrote: [ -> ]I have that same one... ...I have used 4 Wiimotes simultaneously with no problems (except the batteries running low B| )

There are only 3 things, that the Wiimote does:

1. Input
2. Motion sensing
3. Pointer

Both input and motion sensing does NOT require a sensor bar.
The motion sensing is handled by some accelerometers inside the Wiimote.

The Pointer is the only thing that needs the bar.
What is the sensor bar and how does it work?

The sensor bar is nothing but two IR emitters, that constantly send IR signals.
These signals are then captured by the Wiimote's IR sensor, which is quite confusing actually, because the name "sensor bar" makes you think it's the bar that senses, not the Wiimote. A better name would've been "Emitter Bar"

IR is infrared and basically nothing but heat.
If you have two candles or two lamps or anything similar, you could use these to simulate a sensor bar.