Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Wait...I thought SMG1/2 max speed was impossible.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DGalUHUTwo

This guy has a Phenom II X4 940 at only 3.67Ghz, he doesn't have a state of the art graphics card and DDR2 RAM @1066Mhz

Only reason why it's stuttering is because he has fraps on. If he can run SMG1/2 at max speed, why can't I? (when I get SMG2)

Hell, check this other guy's specs!

- Intel Core 2 Duo processor @ 2.53 GHz
- Nvidia GeForce GT 240M @ 1GB
- 500 GB HDD
- 4GB Memory
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvSKvwo6T...re=related

He's playing on his Lappy for goodness' sake. What's the big deal with this game here? Why can't people with superior specs run it as good?
I've Seen Those Videos Before .... Just So Confusing .... o_O
they might be fake or something .. Huh

- the core 2 duo user with 2.5Ghz (3mb cache)_can't get full speed even if he uses an enhanced version of dolphin (an SSE4.1 Version maybe)

- the phenom II User has higher clock than Yours so he maybe not so fake, dunno .... Dodgy

Just So Frustrating Confused
Look carefully at the 2nd video, at the beginning you see yellow letters at the top right corner. Looks JUST like Dolphin.
Ok ! Its Not "FAKE".... :S
-- Can Anyone Just Pleaase Explain how On Earth Can They Get That Speed !! I'm Really Angry !!!
JADS , You have a Core i7 !! We Talk About How Some PC users ( Lower Specs Than Core ix Series ) at Youtube get Close To Full Speed ... and SSD's ?? I dunno !!
I'm Sorry Your Post is a bit Off topic Wink
Code:
Here's how it breaks down. The Phenom II X4 940 is usually the same speed or faster than Intel's Core 2 Quad Q9400, and priced similarly at $275. There are some areas where the Q9400 will be faster than the Phenom II X4 940, so if you happen to use an application that runs better on Intel hardware then you've got your choice made out for you. But for the most part, if you're buying a quad-core processor at around $275 today, Phenom II will tempt you.

Similarly, the Phenom II X4 920 is generally better than or equal to Intel's Core 2 Quad Q9300, and priced less (it's more of a competitor to the slower Q8300, but I didn't have one available for testing). The same stipulations detailed above exist here as well; there are some areas where Intel is going to be faster but for the most part our tests showed the Phenom II to be a better option.
http://www.anandtech.com/show/2702

+ he overclocked that cpu big time and his memory as well BIG time

[color=#FF4500]670mhz[/color] to cpu and whol rank to memory from 800 to 1066
that person knows what he is doing,u obviously dont since u ask such questions.

[color=#FF0000]+he has ATI 4870 which is VERY high still in gaming world.
you cannot dream to compare your nvidia 240 to his graphic[/color]

your New nvidia 240 is 50euro while he can still claim 90+ euro for his Used gpu.

list goes on..
I'm Gonna Shoot Myself
On the revision which added the display list caching I got 90% speed in the observatory of SMG1 with my e8400@3GHz, though the recent revisions are down to 70%.

BTW, any area that would go <50% with this you think? Cause I've decided whenever I'll buy a new CPU it's gotta have at least 2x the speed of this one.
Some galaxies might be possible at full speed or close to full speed, although FPS will likely dip while playing any won't be consistent throughout depending on what is happening. Galaxies and areas that are more heavy such as the observatory, spaceship/faceship, any "heavy" galaxies will have slowdowns on those processors. Even on my Core2duo E8500 some levels such as Bowser's Lava Lair in SMG2, and the observatory in SMG1 runs at 35 - 45 FPS, the spaceship/faceship in SMG2 ran at about 45 - 52 FPS. My Core i7 processor even has some slowdowns on these galaxies and areas, although slowdowns are relatively minor compared to the other processors.