Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: True widescreen possible?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I was just wondering if in the future, the emulator will have the option to do true widescreen, like how the n64 emulator recently has done? is it possible?

[Image: oot2.gif]
Of course it's possible.
It's just people being bothered to add the feature in.
hey which game is this? is it good?
That is Zelda Ocarina Of Time for Nintendo 64.
And yes it is a good game Tongue
Chances are that it won't be implemented if it's not a native option for the GC or Wii. Unless the games themselves offered a widescreen option. My guess is that the dev's will work only on making the emulator as accurate as possible to the game systems and worry about other enhancements way down the line (if ever).

LuisR14

(05-15-2009, 10:10 PM)envisaged0ne Wrote: [ -> ]Chances are that it won't be implemented if it's not a native option for the GC or Wii.
but did the Nintendo 64 support widescreen tvs? Tongue
Nope, but look how long the emulator's been out before they supported it? They don't have as much to work on as Dolphin does Wink
But I guess we'll just have to wait and see. I'm betting that we won't see it implemented.
Just create a issue on the SVN and It'll would probably end up being done(If the devs think its needed)
Better yet, use the Feature Request Thread http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/thread-2.html
I wouldn't create an issue post just for a request since it's not a bug in the emulator
But you did have the right idea Smile