Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Controller issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey I'm new to this. You guys are doing good work here, glad to see it all. This emulator looks really advanced.

I could use some is. I did a lot of searching myself.

Anyway heres the issues. The games keep crashing (Windows force-closes Dolphin due to errors), constantly. I enabled the "dual core" option to get the games (I have a quad-core). I noticed some of you guys said theres alot of core issues, anyway to fix this? Whats the best build I should use?

The controller settings just aren't working. I have two PS2-like gamepad controllers that usually work fine with emulators. It won't let me set my keys with the wii-mote and it won't let me add in a 2nd pad for my other controller. How do I fix this? I just want to use my gamepads as the classical pad (theyre almost identicle) for the wii, nothing else.

With Supersmash Melee Brawl, Up on the left analog stick makes the mouse (and character) go right, that sticks all messed up. It works right in the control settings but when I load super smash brawl its inverted in both directions, no idea why

Edit: thanks for the metroid stuff

My Rig:
AMD Phenom 9850
Geforce 8800
4GB DDR2 RAM
Windows Vista x64
For the Metroid Prime games, you need the "enable safe texture cache" in advanced graphics options or in the game ini. Some games crashes from time to time, while Metroid Prime crashes a lot less with the safe texture cache, it still does sometimes.
In the most recent revisions I was able to get to the first save point without any crashes in Metroid Prime, without the need for safe texture cache or other special options. The game has some slowdown issues though, somehow I thought my Core2duo E8500 would of been able to run most games flawlessly without much lag. Also Metroid Prime doesn't seem to be as graphically intensive as some other games so I can't really understand the slowdown issues I experience.
Thanks guys, I just help with the controller issues for the most part.