Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Will my settup run Wii portion of Dolphin at decent speeds?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
8800GT 512MB
4GB DDR2
Phenom II X4 Black Edition Quad 3.2 Ghz stock
ASUS M4A77D Motherboard
Im assuming from your 3.2 ghz clock that your phenom is a 955? then yes, it will run most games fullspeed but not some of the more cpu intensive ones like smg

Edit: idk about your gpu though... although dolphin isnt nearly as gpu intensive as it is cpu intensive so you should be fine.
i think your computer could work fine but many users of dolphin say that amd cpu's are not so great but
really dont know because im a intel user
I've seen some youtube videos of someone using my processor...the games run seemingly good. Whatsup with that?
well like i said, most games will run fine. but some of the better looking ones will not. hell, in fifa SA, i only get about 40 fps. but I can hit fullspeed in mario kart wii.
(11-30-2010, 01:54 PM)my_rig_is_dust Wrote: [ -> ]well like i said, most games will run fine. but some of the better looking ones will not. hell, in fifa SA, i only get about 40 fps. but I can hit fullspeed in mario kart wii.

What about Donkey Kong Country Returns, New Super Mario Bros., and Metroid: Other M?
Most games should run fullspeed but a few of the more intense ones like smg will not. A phenom II 955 is fine for dolphin, it's about on par with a Q6600 running at 3GHz or an e8400 running at 3.2-3.3GHz. Which is enough to get fullspeed in most but not all games. An 8800 GT is also more than enough for dolphin. You might have to turn off SSAA if you are running at very high resolutions like 1920 x 1080 with some games but other than that you will be fine.
Haha my 32 inch HD 720p maxes at 1360x768, taking that resolution into account, I should have smooth sailing then, right?
Yes an 8800GT should definitely be enough then, even if you use SSAA.
Games like DKC Returns, SM Galaxy and ZTP need a really powerful CPU.

3.2 GHz is enough for most games, but a slight overclock to 3.6 GHz will give you a much better experience (smoother framerate) in these CPU-intensive titles.
Pages: 1 2