Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Fifo Busy under Config (fix for vps/fps/cpu) in numerous games like Baldurs Gate
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Fifo Busy under Config (fix for vps/fps/cpu) in numerous games like Baldur's Gate.
as title of topic says
it also fixes Rocky Balboa,there might be others,i didn't had time to test.

Basically when fps is stuck at max but cpu doesn't do its job its probably due this ,so i moved FifoBusy instructions to be via config.

Don't get me wrong FifoBusy is OK in most of games,it even fixes numerous games,but it breaks some...

So...

have fun.

Here is an old thread i posted about fifobusy
http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/thread-103...l#pid97725
it contains some other games with same issue.

P.S

[color=#FF0000]It is necessary to restart Dolphin after changing this option under config![/color]

[color=#0000CD]perfect config should be:
1.disable fifobusy under game iso properties
2.enable audio throttle under audio plugin
3.set fps to auto,uncheck "use fps for limiting" under dolphin config[/color]
Already PM'ed my favourite compiler with this patch so lets see how it works. Smile
[Image: 1672_1291077132.jpg]
[Image: 3374_1291077139.jpg]
IcemanSR thanks
It works on BASARA 3
good job~Big Grin
r6503 compiled with this patch is available for download

EDIT: Link now goes directly to revision if you have javascript enabled.

If you don't have javascript enabled, you will have to go here and
select "Patch: FifoBsy" from the drop down list.
i just tested star fox adventures it gives huge boost to that game as well.

kraken68

(11-30-2010, 03:56 AM)IcemanSR Wrote: [ -> ]Fifo Busy under Config (fix for vps/fps/cpu) in numerous games like Baldur's Gate.
as title of topic says

Basically when fps is stuck at max but cpu doesn't do its job its probably due this ,so i moved FifoBusy instructions to be via config.

Don't get me wrong FifoBusy is OK in most of games,it even fixes numerous games,but it breaks some...

So...

have fun.

P.S

[color=#FF0000]It is necessary to restart Dolphin after changing this option under config![/color]

(12-03-2010, 04:23 PM)kraken68 Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-30-2010, 03:56 AM)IcemanSR Wrote: [ -> ]Fifo Busy under Config (fix for vps/fps/cpu) in numerous games like Baldur's Gate.
as title of topic says

So...

have fun.

P.S

Hi
i'm a new dolphin user

What the way to go to this game config page i didn't see this in dolphin config
thank
Is this why with rev 5739 I can play mario kart with 4 players with a vps > 100% and the game continues to run at normal speed? Because all other revs I try mario kart on have huge speed issues with single player and not even playable with multiple players. btw with 5739 I turn all frame limiting off and have vync enabled which is why I get 60fps with a vps of like 300%. When my frames drop below 60, sometimes in the low 50's the game itself doesn't slow down.
i would not say so.
if u are experiencing such issues then it might be related to multiwiimote slowdowns issue,which comes from plugin for wiimote.
but u can always test.
Interesting...using Lectrodes r6505 with FIFO busy patch, I had great improvements in some games (Star Fox Adventures, Fragile Dreams for example), while in some others I had a regression (Mario Kart Wii, Arc Rise Fantasia and, very strange, in Baldur's Gate I have 8 fps although this should be the game that benefits most from the patch)...
fifobusy does not speed up fps.
it fix cpu speed.in clean svn build game is unplayable,max 40%cpu speed,while when fifobusy is turned off with this patch it jumps to proper 100%,
besides,i finished the game and it runs at full speed for me 30fps
check specific settings i mentioned in first post.
Pages: 1 2 3