Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Question regarding new Wiimote and Dolphin.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Mangoh

Hiya all. I plan on purchasing the Nintendo hardware before jumping into the Dolphin experience; however, I do have a major concern regarding the Motion+ that is now integrated into the newer Wiimotes. From what I can gather, Dolphin does not like the Motion+ inputs. Has anyone tried the newer Wiimotes with Dolphin? If so, is there a way to disable the integrated Motion+ so that it functions like an older Wiimote? Any input regarding this concern would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
I'm using the latest wiimote with motion+ inside. It functions like any other wiimote, and the motion+, if supported by a game, works fine as well.

looking forward to playing 'zelda: skyward sword' with motion+ on dolphin ^^
I would assume the new wiimote registers just like a wiimote with the motion+ connected

Mangoh

Thanks for the reply guys. So I take it that there are no issues with having the motion+ attached? I was reading some other threads where people were complaining about erratic tracking with the motion+, but I guess I can just chalk it up to the software title as opposed to the hardware compatibility? Looking to buy the controller ASAP, just wanted to make sure I guess that it would work.