Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: system not at full use but smg wont play full speed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi all,
I have been trying to figure out what the problem is...
When i play smg2 and go to a galaxy with objects that are far away, i get only 40-50 fps. however, when I turn so that the far away objects (i mean planets mostly) are off of the screen, my fps goes up to 60.
the wierd thing is, at most my cores are at 75% usage even when im not getting 60 fps.
And i dont think its my gpu, because turning resolution and 16x filtering down does not improve speed at all.
My ram usage is also only at about 50%.
Can anyone help me?

edit: btw this is using the dx11 plugin but changin it to dx9 doesnt help it actually makes it slower by about 5 fps.
Check the per-core usage. As far as I know, Dolphin will use at most two cores. It's not possible to magically use more than that.
[attachment=4729]
I know, but this is what i mean.
Threads might jump from one core to another. Check" lock threads to cores" in the general config and see what happens Wink. Still it doesn't change the fact that only two threads work at the same time.
ok thanks Link
Didnt change my speed but I see what you mean now. 2 cores are under full load and the other 2 arent.
I didnt realize that the threads could jump around to different cores and this explains why 2 of them werent under full load all the time.
Also in the latest revisions, set the internal resolution to 1x to get best speed with SMG.
this wasnt that my gpu was to slow but that my cpu was too slow.
(11-30-2010, 08:12 AM)my_rig_is_dust Wrote: [ -> ]this wasnt that my gpu was to slow but that my cpu was too slow.

In dolphin almost everything is cpu related, also things in the graphics section.