Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: my computer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi there,

I 've been using dolphin for a few hours,I tried to play mario Galaxy 2 but it runs just too slow (1-10 fps),my computer isnt that old,here are the specs:

AMD Athlon II Dual Core M320 2.10 ghz
4.00 ghz ram
Ati radeon mobility HD4200
win7 x64
Is it too low?

Thank you
Yeah it is.

Your PC's too weak !
I can get better fps than that with my single-core PC. Post your Dolphin revision number and settings used with the emulator. Otherwise, use the dx9 video plugin and efb copy to texture, not ram. I'm not saying it will ever run fullspeed for you or close to it, but you can do better. Maybe 50-60% speed.
I'm using r6480,dx9 "copy to texture",what is too weak?My GPU,CPU,ram,everything? Smile
Damn my computer isnt that old,speed is only 18%
GPU and CPU
I need to see your dx9 configuration with all of the graphic details listed. I had the same exact laptop a while ago but it had the M300 CPU and was able to run some games very well. You might want to look in to the game New Super Mario Brothers Wii, it will play much better than SMG2. I wouldn't bother with SMG2 anymore, you will not be satisfied with the outcome no matter what you do, try other games.
ok,thanks guys,I'm going back to my good old mario64
You can play some games fine, but not Mario Galaxy. If you're interested in showing me your graphic settings, I can show you what to change there so that other games will run better. otherwise, see ya.
how can I do that?

whiwh games shall I be able to play with?
You can get better speeds by not using any AA - Anti-Aliasing. Set AA to none. Set EFB scale to 1, not fractional. Fractional will murder that card. As for games, New Super Mario Brother Wii will play well, and you may have some luck with Zelda The Wind Waker, but not full speed. There are others, but you tell me what you'd like to play and I can give you the go ahead or not.
Pages: 1 2