Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Info on overclocking?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Yutaka133

Ive never tried it and the only thing i really know about it is i access it from my computer bios page other then that im pretty clueless. Anyone know of any tuts out there that show how to do it? Also is it even safe for me to try overclocking since i dont really have a good fan/ cooling system (im running a laptop)?
Here are my specs

Intel core 2 duo t6600 2.20 Ghz 2.20 Ghz
4 GB ram
DX9 - 11
Mobile Intel 4 series express chipset family (Which is basically a GMA 4500 HD)

I already know my graphics are lacking but i already know i can play dolphin with decent speed (around 15 - 35 fps depending on which game im playing) but graphics shouldnt really matter with processor overclocking right?
Quote:Anyone know of any tuts out there that show how to do it?
This

Quote:Also is it even safe for me to try overclocking since i dont really have a good fan/ cooling system (im running a laptop)?

Overclocking a laptop is like going down a flight of stairs in a office chair firing an Uzi, it seems cool until you get to the bottom and wonder why you ever thought this was a good idea. Don't bother.

Quote:I already know my graphics are lacking but i already know i can play dolphin with decent speed (around 15 - 35 fps depending on which game im playing) but graphics shouldnt really matter with processor overclocking right?

Normally yes. But that gpu is so bad that it sometimes defies the normal logic of cpu > gpu in console emulation.

Yutaka133

Now i am sad =( lol oh well i guess ill stick with how dolphin runs for now until i get my desktop.