Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Does a Real WIIMOTE really work ??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

eljose

i really like this emu.. but the problem are the controllers, for example to play Wario Smooth moves.

my idea would be to buy a Wiimote (a real one) in many youtube videos you can see the buddy playing with the wiimote Undecided on a real PC but i do not know if this will really work if you can put in into a normal USB plug and play and so on Cool , i think this emu has a great future but does it worth to buy a Wiimote Big Grin to play with it ??

LuisR14

yes it's worth to have a wiimote for it (but you have to have a bluetooth dongle Big Grin, and use BluSoleil or some similar kind of program to recognize your wiimote Tongue)

eljose

so appart from a Wiimote you need a program for your pc i do not have bluetooth installed but are there adaptors i only have USB interface for Wiimote is this enough ??

LuisR14

if by USB interface you a little piece of hardware that looks like a USB stick or something then yes you can use that "dongle" Tongue (you just have to download that program now Tongue)

sixdd

In short you cannot use a WiiMote without a Blutooth adapter to use with it. WiiMotes do not have any means of connecting with wires, USB or otherwise, unless you are a freaking electrical engineer. Hope that clears it up for you.
oh and you'll also need a sensor bar. there are many third party sensors bars out there that you can hook up to your pc. without that the IR pointer will not work with dolphin.

LuisR14

hmm i wonder, would a CRT monitor work as a huge sensor bar? Tongue Big Grin
nope - it has to send IR ;p
For many games, like SSBB, 360 controller works better. But maybe you have some games more based on the wiimote.
wiimote self works
motion thing
nah =P