Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin with Linux Ubuntu not save game help!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, i am new member here, i have installed Dolphin 2.0 in Ubuntu 10.10 and i have a probleme with save game. It no works!

I have playing this game "Glodeneye 007 PAL version" and not possible to save game.

I have this error in my game "An error occurred while saving the data"

you can help me?

Sorry for my poor english i am french.

Thanks
is the momery card in dolphin formatted??

if yes, run terminal and try this:
run dolphin with -`*` && ./dolphin-emu

at first you need to ,,cd" to the directory

example:
cd /home/snk/Desktop/Dophinr6381
then write this after the directory of dolphin: -`*` && ./dolphin-emu

it looks like : cd /home/snk/Desktop/Dolphinr6381 -`*` && ./dolphin-emu

if i don't do that, i can't load the plugins... maybe it helps you out
Ok, i have tested with -`*` && ./dolphin-emu is not works for me. Sad i have always ""An error occurred while saving the data"

Another idea?

I have Ubuntu 10.10
AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 5400+ (2.8Ghz)
2GB RAM

My version of Dolphin:

Dolphin SVN R 6441
and
Dolphin SVN R 6468

Thank.
Huh any idea? please help me! [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTHT_FcoQXQ6dGCyTaDuxt...5v2Jv1xNjw]

Smashy

Same bug with BASARA , svn 6467 , gentoo linux !!!

I think this is a general issue with Dolphin, regardless of which Operating System you're using. Wii games don't save to the GC Memory Card, but create specific folders (in your User/Wii/title folder) where the banners and save game content are kept.

Dolphin doesn't seem to be able to save the GoldenEye data at the moment.

The only thing I can recommend is relying on save states. But you'll need to play with a (GC) gamepad, cause loading a save state, having used the Wii Remote, will end up saying that it can't detect the Wii Remote.

r2rX Smile
No, Glodoneye works in Windows and not work in Linux! it's a problem with Linux and dolphin.
I have create an "Issue" here: http://code.google.com/p/dolphin-emu/iss...il?id=3568

Vote for this Issue!

Thanks.