Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: opengl renderer error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

shaman666

when I try to run anything I receive the following error:

Can't create opengl renderer. You might be missing some required opengl extensions, check the logs for more info.

on the log we have:

Quote:Unhandled Exception
Code: 0xC0000005
Call stack info:
ntdll!0x7C9118D0 : RtlDeleteCriticalSection
0x049ED6A7 : ?
0x04A7CF46 : ?
ntdll!0x7C9011A7 : LdrInitializeThunk
ntdll!0x7C923F31 : LdrShutdownProcess
kernel32!0x7C81CD76 : IsValidLocale
kernel32!0x7C81CDEE : ExitProcess
0x04A7CA6F : ?
0x04A7CC5C : ?
0x04A7CC85 : ?

my gfx card is a 9600GT 512mb with the newest drivers

any help?
Ok, well mostly people only get this error if their Graphics cards are out of date or do not support OpenGL2.0, so if in fact that is a 9600GT 512Mb VM dedication, then you SHOULD have no problems...but i think you should go too you're Hardware Properties and make sure, that 3D Acceleration is Enabled and so is the Direct X10 plugin...honestly..that is just weird, but ya if you have XP then that will be easy too adjust...if not then ya..something funky going on with you're Graphics Card...
Actually that's a very common error when you're missing the DX9 Update files. Go to http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/thread-4.html and download the DirectX Updater and VC++ 2008 SP1. Even if you you're running Vista with DX10, you still need to download the DX Updater
I know, I never said it wasnt common, i KNOW it is, but most of the time it is because the Graphics card doesnt support Open GL 2.0, which of course isnt the case here, its a 9600GTS lol so ya follow the smart mans advice and Download the Direct X Updater, but ya sorry, i assumed you already had DX9 update files, well YAY I learned something lol Big Grin
LOL, don't sweat it. I've seen this question asked well over a 100 times. I've just gotten used to it being the same prob 9 times out of 10. Wink