Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: does surround sound works?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
like games that support prologic 2?
Yes it does.
is there a setting for it or something? I tried OpenAL, Dsound and Xaudio2, I get sounds from all my speakers with OpenAL and Dsound but they seems to be just the same as stereo sound that output to all speakers. Xaudio2 only output sound from the front speakers.
It should work as long as the game supports it and you have it configured properly in the game. All games are set to stereo by default until you change it.
(11-24-2010, 03:42 PM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]It should work as long as the game supports it and you have it configured properly in the game. All games are set to stereo by default until you change it.

Yeh, that's my understanding. There is an issue open saying surround doesn't work though.

Dolphin does not have a Dolby Pro Logic 2 (DPL2) decoder in the code. For surround to work (?), you'll have to send the stereo output from the PC to an external DPL2 decoder.
DSP HLE does not process surround sound.
oh, so you need external decoder/ reciever to work I see, but doesnt most wii games has to be turn on from the wii system setting?
As far as I am concerned all GC/Wii games are in stereo. You can always upmix it using hardware such as A/V receivers or your sound card.
doesn't work on my 5.1 system. not going to try with LLE plugin because it crackles and isn't really a good option atm.
Enable sound effect in windows 7,I'm sure it will do better