Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Games which showcase Dolphin's capabilities
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm no stranger to emulation, so I've been monitoring Dolphin's progress over the past months and just recently decided to dive in after seeing the great progress it has undergone. I would like to know which games really showcase the 'talents' of Dolphin, so to speak. Like for PCSX2, it ran FFX very very well, and was among the first games which was perfect for it, along with the enhancements. Which games offer a similar experience? I'm interested in playing Muramasa and the soon-to-be released Epic Mickey, and before buying any games I would like to know the status of these games as well as the best working games there are for the emu. Can Anyone help? Smile

System specs:
Quadcore Q6600 OC'ed to 2.8GHz
GeForce 9600 GT
I have Muramasa and Epic Mickey, Muramasa works flawlessly with Dolphin but Epic Mickey still has some issues.
Most games are near perfect except for audio emulation and performance on lower end systems.

Examples:

Super Mario Sunshine

Metroid Prime

Wind Waker

Twilight Princess

Unfortauntely I only have GC games but I believe super mario galaxy 1/2 have reached near perfect emulation.
(11-24-2010, 09:35 AM)ugoo Wrote: [ -> ]I have Muramasa and Epic Mickey, Muramasa works flawlessly with Dolphin but Epic Mickey still has some issues.

Really? What kind of issues? This was the game I was really hoping to play. At least Muramasa is working well though Smile

@NaturalViolence - Is Twilight Princess fixed already? I remember a few months ago people were kinda discouraging from playing it since it had major problems? It's completely playable now?
Here is a list that is quite up to date on what works and not on dolphin. There are few 'wrongs' in it like some games work better than it says.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/lv?key=t...rpage=1000
Mainly black screen issues when starting but i think that's fixed by running it in JITIL.
(11-24-2010, 11:14 AM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]Most games are near perfect except for audio emulation and performance on lower end systems.

I believe super mario galaxy 1/2 have reached near perfect emulation.

I guess that's where we differ as far as lower end system go. I don't believe the emulation is perfect until it can run on a lower end system. Maybe not as low as my rig, but the games still should be able to run at full speed with any dual-core PC. Perfect emulation does not only include playing the game exactly how the real hardware does it, but also does not require a super computer to get full speed. Maybe in time this will prove to be true.