Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: D3dshader failed to compile and create pixel shader
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey everyone.

First of I would like to say good work on the emulator. I have been using it for quite some time. I recently installed it on my laptop and am having a strange error which I cannot find the reason for. I tried googling it and didn't get any good results and searched here also.

"Failed to compile and create pixel shader"9 in D3dshader.cpp. 149

I have dx11 installed but I am using the dx9 plugin in dolphin since my laptop does not support dx10+. Could that be the reason that it is not working properly?

I am using 64bit version of dolphin. And I do have latest direct x installed.

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards
Evilus
In User/Config/gfx_dx9.ini change the line
Code:
ShowShaderErrors = False
to
Code:
ShowShaderErrors = True

if there is no line with that contents (double check!!), add it under the [Settings] section.

This should give more verbose info about what failed about compiling the shader, please post any other error messages you get with that here.
Ah neat cool, thanks for help. Yes it did show a bit more.

Here is what it showed(see attachment)
Ah neat cool, thanks for help. Yes it did show a bit more.

Here is what it showed(see attachment)
what gpu are you using?
and with which games does this error occur, or with all?
Well gpu is kind of old on laptop it is radeon x1250. I have tried with several games. Tried paper mario for example. On paper mario it appears on start of game and then I can press ok like 20 times to pass it and then it appears every time I go down a green tube. Then I tried mario party 7 also on start. Tested a bunch of other games too...
What I noticed is it works perfectly fine otherwise, all of the games tested. No lagg or slowdowns. FPS is 50+ all the time, only not in those cases when this error appears.

Been trying opengl too but does not work as well kinda slow all the time.

alvacoar

I have the same same problem. I can't seem to get pass the title screen in Super Mario Sunshine or Luigi's Mansion without the message "Failed to compile and create pixel shader, .\Src\D3Dshader.cpp 149" can you help.
"ATI Radeon X1250 IGP is not referred to as an ATI Radeon express X1250 IGP since it lacks a Vertex Shader, which is a heavy performance cost." Need to find out exactly which card that is.

alvacoar, what video card do you have?
If it lacks pixel/vertex shaders, there is your problem. You will need a new gpu, while games might boot it won't be without a performance cost and corrupted graphics.