Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Will it run perfectly on my PC?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Goku

Hello, I need a good processor to run Game Cube games, but I need to know if it will run perfectly before I spend money.

I want to play Zelda Twilight Princess, Mario Sunshine, Super Smash Bros, and Skies of Arcadia.

My RAM is 2 GB DDR2, my video card is NVidia Geforce 9600 GT and my motherboard does not support Intel Core i3, i5 or i7.

With a fast Intel Core 2 Duo, can I play GC games perfectly, like on a true GC, at 100% of speed, with music and sound effects?
I can buy a E8400, but I prefer to buy a cheaper processor that runs GC perfectly.
Super Mario Sunshine will run 100% including Super Smash Bros.
For Zelda Twillight Princess and Skies of Arcadia you need at least a i7 to run at 100%
May run with a Core 2 Quad too, but i'm not sure !
Quote:With a fast Intel Core 2 Duo, can I play GC games perfectly, like on a true GC, at 100% of speed, with music and sound effects?

For some games yes for some games no. Many games do not run fullspeed with proper settings all the time on ANY setup.

What cpu do you have now?

Goku

I have a Pentium 4, it does not run DS games at full speed, and it does not run recent PC games.
I need to buy a faster processor and my motherboard supports Core 2 Duo.
I can not buy a new entire computer.
Then yes. Either get an e8400 (preferably used) or if you can afford it a Q9550.