Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Running Speed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

enduring

I am running windows 7 laptop. i was wondering what all the different tricks are to making the game run faster are. I've tried frame skipping but that gets really annoying with all the random flashes on the screen. i was wondering if i could just lower the graphics quality because i cont really care how perfect it looks. maybe i could lower the computer colors to 16bit if that would help. please if anyone has any tips i'd love to know.
due to lack of performance of any laptop you cannot play dolphin.
even if i dont know the specs of your laptop i assume that it
doesn't have the requirements to use dolphin.
Don't listen to him. An i7m laptop can run nearly anything fullspeed, not to mention many games can run on lower end laptops. Anyways we need to know more about you setup, your hardware specs, what revision you're using, what settings you're using for the emulator, and what games you are trying to run.
Of course you can play on a laptop; I'm on one (i5) and I can play most games fullspeed or pretty close. It all depends on your CPU specs. As for the settings, I use the following with dx9 and the latest builds:

Enabled: Jit, Dual core, Idle skipping, V-sync, AF x2, Native mipmaps, EFB scaled copy (disabling this will give you a boost but games like ZTP will look ugly), Fractional, Enable CPU access, Copy to texture.

Disabled: Framelimit, OpenCL, AA, Lock threads, DSPLLE, Audio throttle, Safe texture, everything in advanced tab.

If your laptop is decent, you should play games like Mario Kart, Klonoa, Wario Land, SPM, Mario Bros, Kirby, just a few from the top of my head, fullspeed and in higher resolutions than an actual Wii. If not, keep in mind that Dolphin is a wip and future version will probably be much speedier.
year, dont liten him. im playing on laptop, and speed is good(openGL is quite slow but dx11 is ok), even with core 2 duo. so its the matter of your hardware and settings.
ok can u post laptop specifications?

i used my core i3 laptop and it worked even if its DUAL core only not even quad, and a mobility radeon 5730.. most games r 60fps!

only hyrule field lags tho Confused