Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: High-res texture pack where we find it ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It is there a place where we can find this new texture by passionate people?
Don't think anyone's released anything.
Yeah, restuxturing projects are huge, the ones for N64 games takes like months, and GC/Wii obviously have more and better textures. But you can get tons of textures already for SSBB from STacksmash/Elite Smash Hacker/Kitty Corporation, don't know if they fit into the emulator's replacing function as I've just been iso-hacking with wii scrubber.
This feature is quite new, no projects yet. I've just make my own little: in Super Paper Mario, Mario now looks more evil + he's african Tongue

LuisR14

(05-14-2009, 10:11 PM)nosound97 Wrote: [ -> ]This feature is quite new, no projects yet. I've just make my own little: in Super Paper Mario, Mario now looks more evil + he's african Tongue
provide a picture (i'm curious to see it Big Grin)
Bah, not at home, can't post now. Later.
Does a scaling (I mean by that to increase the definition of the image) would be a good thing?

If so it would be possible through software to automate the processing of all the textures dumped at once.

A texture like that which would be 128 * 128 for scaling x4 come and texture 512 * 512. With the addition of some filter here would be better than the original?
It would be possible to have a guide for how to use this feature? Because I do not know where to put the texture refinement, and I do not know how organized the texture should be put in a file or other games.
Brawl already looks kick ass, even in HD resolutions. No "high-res" texture packs required.. Cool
Nintendo should just add support for 1280x720 and all it's games will benefit.
There's tons of speculation about a new Wii HD... the question is, will it be their nextgen console with backward wii compability, or a new wii model (Like they do with the DS). Anyway I don't think they would be able to market a new console as simply "wii HD", because while some games like Brawl would benefit greatly from it, many games have a lot less details, and there are games that uses a lot of 2D sprites, and I'm sure people would be pissed over these not improving as much.