Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Help! Low fps on Dolphin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everyone,

It is my first topic here and I hope that you can help me. It is very simple, I think that I have a good computer, but I cant get a good fps on Super Smash Bros Melee for example.

Here is my configuration:
Processor Intel Core 2 Duo T6500
4GB DDR2 800mhz
Radeon HD 4650 1GB
HD 7200rpm 320GB
LINUX UBUNTU 10.10 x64 bits

So... I am using the last revision of Dolphin (until now) 6446. And here is my dolphin configuration:

General:
Enable Dual Core, Enable Idle Skipping, Framelimit off, Skip GC Bios, JIT Recompiler (recommended).
Display:
Windows Size: 1280x720 (I also tried 640x480, but nothing diferent), Use Panic Handlers, Boomy.
Graphic Plugin OpenGL:
Aspect Ratio AUTO, Load Native Mipmaps, EFB Scaled Copy, Anti-aliasing NONE, Anisotropic Filtering 1x, EFB scale 1x, Copy Enable Texture, Safe Texture Cache Enable Normal,
Advanced:
Disable Fog, XFB enable VIRTUAL.
I also tried to check enable OpenCL, but after clicking "Close", this option turn off again.

What can I do? Do you need more information? I only got 30fps in the max on the gameplay with 2 player, with four is lower, i guess 15fps...

Some Ideia?

Thanks for the attention.
use DX9 or DX11 plugin it give more better performance than open gl
(11-20-2010, 12:07 PM)knglrk Wrote: [ -> ]use DX9 or DX11 plugin it give more better performance than open gl

Thank you for your attention, but I am a LINUX user. So, the only plugin that I can use is OpenGL.
Those specs + linux = you're screwed
(11-20-2010, 01:55 PM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]Those specs + linux = you're screwed

yeah definitely
my suggestion is to install windows 7/etc as a dual boot OS so you can dolphin in windows and still have linux
fwiw, what you can try is disabling safe texture cache (or at least set it to fast, most games don't need it). Won't magically boost performance by 100%, but should give some more FPS...
Yeah, disable copy enable texture, safe texture cache and virtual XFB. You'll be using the fastest options in Dolphin after that.
Thanks Guys. Well said. It's good now. I get 50fps, and sometimes more than 60fps.
@skid

Won't that cause all kinds of problems with this game though?