Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Video merge/Shared Dialog Issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Seems the video merge with shared configuration dialogs caused some issues.

- Slowdowns with EFB to Ram

- Defaults to using DX11 plugin even if DX9 plugin or OpenGL plugin is selected, opening the graphics configuration Window while playing will make it use the correct rendering backend.

- Safe Texture Cache and XFB is enabled by default even if disabled in the configuration, to fix it do the same thing as the above issue.

There may be other issues, but I've only noticed these so far and wanted to list them here for reference.
Quote:- Slowdowns with EFB to Ram

Found what was causing this issue. Skid's r6423 commit is causing the performance to be degraded with idle skipping disabled and EFB to Ram enabled.
(11-20-2010, 09:23 AM)Xtreme2damax Wrote: [ -> ]Seems the video merge with shared configuration dialogs caused some issues.

- Slowdowns with EFB to Ram

- Defaults to using DX11 plugin even if DX9 plugin or OpenGL plugin is selected, opening the graphics configuration Window while playing will make it use the correct rendering backend.

- Safe Texture Cache and XFB is enabled by default even if disabled in the configuration, to fix it do the same thing as the above issue.

There may be other issues, but I've only noticed these so far and wanted to list them here for reference.
Quote:- Slowdowns with EFB to Ram

Found what was causing this issue. Skid's r6423 commit is causing the performance to be degraded with idle skipping disabled and EFB to Ram enabled.

Using r6436 i definitely don't have the 2nd and 3rd issue here. For slowdowns with EFB to Ram, i haven't really tested to answer. If the second happened they should have made it a feature (changing plugins on the fly while a game is running).
Are you sure, it seems like a genuine issue to me.

- The DX11 backend sticks out like a sore thumb, when starting NSMB the textures will be black and with Starfox Adventures the textures will be overly glossy and bright. Opening the graphics configuration window while playing reverts to using the correct backend that is selected in the configuration.

- For the second issue when starting ZTP that discolored square will be there like when safe texture cache is enabled, opening the graphics configuration window while playing will also fix this issue. In regards to XFB, it seems to be enabled due to the decreased quality when starting a game but is fixed when opening the graphics configuration window.
(11-20-2010, 01:50 PM)Xtreme2damax Wrote: [ -> ]- For the second issue when starting ZTP that discolored square will be there like when safe texture cache is enabled, opening the graphics configuration window while playing will also fix this issue. In regards to XFB, it seems to be enabled due to the decreased quality when starting a game but is fixed when opening the graphics configuration window.

It sounds like you have safe texture cache enabled in your ZTP game config.
(11-20-2010, 01:50 PM)Xtreme2damax Wrote: [ -> ]Are you sure, it seems like a genuine issue to me.

- The DX11 backend sticks out like a sore thumb, when starting NSMB the textures will be black and with Starfox Adventures the textures will be overly glossy and bright. Opening the graphics configuration window while playing reverts to using the correct backend that is selected in the configuration.

- For the second issue when starting ZTP that discolored square will be there like when safe texture cache is enabled, opening the graphics configuration window while playing will also fix this issue. In regards to XFB, it seems to be enabled due to the decreased quality when starting a game but is fixed when opening the graphics configuration window.

In the latest rev when you open the graphics configuration window your per game settings are overriden by the default (general) settings you use. I suggest you check your per game settings. Also check out this thread for per game settings...
http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/thread-12928.html
I have none of those settings enabled in either my game configuration or actual configuration, I've already checked all that when I encountered the issue and it was all working fine before the merging or the commits for the shared configuration dialogs.
(11-20-2010, 03:14 PM)Xtreme2damax Wrote: [ -> ]I have none of those settings enabled in either my game configuration or actual configuration, I've already checked all that when I encountered the issue and it was all working fine before the merging or the commits for the shared configuration dialogs.

Which exact rev do you use? And as for xfb being enabled no matter what, try whichever of Little Kings story, Zack & Wiki or Another code R and tell me if there is constant flickering or not when you have it disabled.

Edit: Hmm it seems that safe texture cache is enabled no matter what in the DX11 plugin. No such issue for the DX9 plugin that i use. And xfb is not enabled no matter what in either of them using r6436. Use the latest rev and if the problem persists with safe texture cache for dx11 plugin, write an issue (better than putting it on the forum imo). As for every plugin defaulting to dx11, it simply doesn't happen here...
When I mean defaulting to DX11 I don't mean that it will switch over to the DX11 plugin.

When starting a game in the latest revision it is using the DX11 renderer, the actual plugin selected in the configuration is the DX9 plugin.

I know it's the DX11 renderer because of the black textures in NSMB, overly glossy/bright textures in Starfox Adventures and the fact EFB to Ram isn't working which it only isn't working with the DX11 plugin/renderer. Opening the graphics configuration window when playing will make it revert to using the proper renderer, which is DX9 as I have selected in the configuration..

Tried deleting the ini files and starting with a fresh configuration, but it didn't solve the issue. The issue is due to the merging/shared dialogs, and it should affect others besides myself.

What card do you have? Some cards don't have the issue with textures and the DX11 plugin/renderer so you may not notice whether it is using the DX11 renderer if you're card is unaffected by these texture issues under DX11. My GTX 460 seems to be one of the affected cards with the DX11 renderer/plugin so I noticed this issue.

And yeah that's why I am also having the always on safe texture cache issue unless I open the graphics configuration, because it's defaulting to using the DX11 renderer when starting a game even though I have the DX9 plugin selected in the configuration.
When you start a game the currently active video plugin is displayed in yellow text.
Dolphin is not defaulting to DX11, and it is definitely not switching to DX9 mid-game.
The code doesn't support switching between DX11/DX9 anywhere.

thomasray

try using DX9 . . . with additional plugin of 11 . . . !!!
just an opinion .
Pages: 1 2 3