Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Missing plugins?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well, so far I've had errors with reading info on the padsimple.dll plugin, but by looking through the forum a bit before signing up I've solved that. However, now that I got that working, I am experiencing a few difficulties with booting my game. This is the exact error message I get:

Can't create opengl renderer. You might be missing some required opengl extensions, check the logs for more info.

Can someone tell me where to locate these logs, or, better yet, give me a possible solution to this problem? Thanks very much in advance.

Oops, sorry, here are my specs:

Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3 (2600.xpsp.080413-2111)
Processor: Intel® Core™2 CPU 6600 @ 2.40GHz (2 CPUs)
Memory: 2022MB RAM
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
Intel G965 GFX card.

I'm relatively computer unsavvy compared to most here, no doubt, so if I left something out please do tell. Smile

Veeeight

(05-14-2009, 05:21 PM)KK1387 Wrote: [ -> ]Well, so far I've had errors with reading info on the padsimple.dll plugin, but by looking through the forum a bit before signing up I've solved that. However, now that I got that working, I am experiencing a few difficulties with booting my game. This is the exact error message I get:

Can't create opengl renderer. You might be missing some required opengl extensions, check the logs for more info.

Can someone tell me where to locate these logs, or, better yet, give me a possible solution to this problem? Thanks very much in advance.
Dude U better tell first on what hardware config U're trying to run dolphin, I'm almost sure U got some weak laptop.
(05-14-2009, 05:24 PM)Veeeight Wrote: [ -> ]Dude U better tell first on what hardware config U're trying to run dolphin, I'm almost sure U got some weak laptop.

Um, no. I'll edit my first post with my specs, but they are also here for you (as saved by dxdiag):

Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3 (2600.xpsp.080413-2111)
Processor: Intel® Core™2 CPU 6600 @ 2.40GHz (2 CPUs)
Memory: 2022MB RAM
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
Intel G965 GFX card.
Your graphics card isn't supported (lack of OpenGL 2.1 support). You can read further system requirements in the Dolphin Requirements sticky in the General Forums
(05-14-2009, 05:36 PM)envisaged0ne Wrote: [ -> ]Your graphics card isn't supported (lack of OpenGL 2.1 support). You can read further system requirements in the Dolphin Requirements sticky in the General Forums

Is there no way at all I could get this to work? Would you happen to know if support for this card will be seen in the future? ;o
Your best bet is to try to use an older version of Dolphin that has a working Direct3D plugin. I don't remember off hand which versions worked. LuisR14 can give you some good recommendations. But currently, I'd suggest upgrading your graphics card if possible.
(05-14-2009, 05:41 PM)envisaged0ne Wrote: [ -> ]Your best bet is to try to use an older version of Dolphin that has a working Direct3D plugin. I don't remember off hand which versions worked. LuisR14 can give you some good recommendations. But currently, I'd suggest upgrading your graphics card if possible.
Alright, I have another computer with better specs and a better graphics card that I can use (I just have less access), that will have to do for now.

Thanks very much for your help, it's highly appreciated. +rep
No prob. Btw, I looked at LuisR14's signature, and he has a link to the old Direct3D plugin. You can probably download it and just replace the current one. It will still have more graphic bugs than OpenGL, but it's an alternative.

http://cid-47d60daecd484d97.skydrive.liv...=981512702
(05-14-2009, 05:45 PM)envisaged0ne Wrote: [ -> ]No prob. Btw, I looked at LuisR14's signature, and he has a link to the old Direct3D plugin. You can probably download it and just replace the current one. It will still have more graphic bugs than OpenGL, but it's an alternative.

http://cid-47d60daecd484d97.skydrive.liv...=981512702

Thanks... again! ^___^

LuisR14

you're welcome Big Grin
Pages: 1 2