Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: playing Wii games with a gamepad
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm playing Resident Evil 4 Wii edition (PAL) fine, at least for now. There is only a small "problem" which I would like to resolve if possible (and that concerns other games that I have).
As you know, this game is playable with the Gamecube/Classic controller. I use the Xbox360 gamepad to play but everytime it starts I receive a message telling me to connect the Nunchuk. To proceed, I must go in the Wiimote settings and configure the extension as the Nunchuk, this way the game believes I've connected it. After doing so, I can put back the extension as "none" and then use normally the gamepad (which is mapped in the Gamcube Pad Configuration, I can even use the Classic extension in the Wiimote settings).
Is there a way to skip this procedure? On a real Wii, do you have to connect the Nunchuk even though you want to play with the Gamecube/Classic controller?

Other thing: when the game starts, (before the above message) I receive another message telling me to fasten securely the wrist strap. Is it possible to remove?
Since I'm using a gamepad it shouldn't tell me this, at least I think so...

Don't confuse what I'm asking with playing Wii games (that don't support a gamepad) with a gamepad, it is totally different.
Just make different control profiles for games. Gamepad is fully useable in many games (IR is sometimes best mapped to mouse with range at 100 so you can get it out of the way when needed; analog stick just returns to the center).

What I would like to know is if there is a way to avoid, say, the "shake" button from triggering continiously when held down, as it removes all the challenge from certain games (like paper mario, wario land and some of the microgames in warioware - those that are actually playable without a real wiimote, that is).
I think you should read again my post, especially this part:
(11-20-2010, 02:15 AM)mans Wrote: [ -> ]Don't confuse what I'm asking with playing Wii games (that don't support a gamepad) with a gamepad, it is totally different.

If I misunderstood your post please exlain yourself better. Smile
The wii classic controller needs to be attached to the wiimote at all times. Thats probably the reason it asks to connect the nunchuck, cause it expects something to be attached.
It would make sense if you set the extension to classic controller, that you would not get this screen. Perhaps another bit of fixing for the Dolphin crew there Wink
(11-20-2010, 05:16 AM)slaQ Wrote: [ -> ]It would make sense if you set the extension to classic controller, that you would not get this screen. Perhaps another bit of fixing for the Dolphin crew there Wink
Unfortunately it doesn't work. Sad