Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
it is possible to assign real ram too load a game like if i got 8go ram use 4.7go for the game load on ram and play with the rest and did i will see major gain in performance a friend programmer say to me it is possible to load a game on ram i dont know how and i dont if that can increase game
I don't mean to bitch, but did you ever hear of punctuation? It's very tiresome to read text that has none...

As for your question: There is a program called RAMdisk, and with that you can partially assign what the RAM should be working on. However I'm not sure how to load specific programs.

But in all fairness, this is very advanced stuff, nobody should be concerned with in the first place.

If you want to run wii/gc games properly on Dolphin you really need a good cpu and a decent videocard (mid-end).

Even if you were to load Dolphin into RAM, I anticipate the speedup to be very minimal.
Loading data from hard disk is much faster than it'd be to load stuff from an optical drive (like on the real HW), so you won't get any performance increase (apart from marginal lower loading times maybe, although those are pretty short for Wii games anyway).
(11-19-2010, 11:40 PM)slaQ Wrote: [ -> ]I don't mean to bitch, but did you ever hear of punctuation? It's very tiresome to read text that has none...

As for your question: There is a program called RAMdisk, and with that you can partially assign what the RAM should be working on. However I'm not sure how to load specific programs.

But in all fairness, this is very advanced stuff, nobody should be concerned with in the first place.

If you want to run wii/gc games properly on Dolphin you really need a good cpu and a decent videocard (mid-end).

Even if you were to load Dolphin into RAM, I anticipate the speedup to be very minimal.

sorry for punctuation. i never put that stuff i let you decide when put it . i got the machine i just wanna know if that could give us the boost but that dont seem to be a godd idea.