Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Next official Dolphin release!?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
My question is simple. When will the next official version be released?

Just wondering... Undecided

Does it really matter? The unofficial ones are just fine and are updated daily
V1 and V2 were very far apart. Just stick to the revisions, an official release will just be an unofficial release with a "dolphin seal of approval" on it.
2.0 was pretty much out-dated a few days after it was released, meaning there were already so many or at least important changes that it hurt to use that old build. so I don't see much of a point either. I guess the only real good thing about off. releases is that it's fixed to some goals that the devs set for it and work towards it, giving the development a bit of a structure and more motivation, I guess.
It's just frustrating because a lot people who first hear of Dolphin get 2.0 and then ask questions about things that were fixed months ago.

Yes. There should be more "Relases". I think it would be better not to make a relase after a big to do list is done. Instead it would be better to make a sub-relase (2.1; 2.2...) after one point of the to do list is done and then for the next point and so on.
(11-18-2010, 05:27 PM)KarstenS Wrote: [ -> ]Yes. There should be more "Relases". I think it would be better not to make a relase after a big to do list is done. Instead it would be better to make a sub-relase (2.1; 2.2...) after one point of the to do list is done and then for the next point and so on.

What you are saying is not much different from the SVNs but it would take more time to organize them.
(11-18-2010, 07:26 PM)DrAlexander Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-18-2010, 05:27 PM)KarstenS Wrote: [ -> ]Yes. There should be more "Relases". I think it would be better not to make a relase after a big to do list is done. Instead it would be better to make a sub-relase (2.1; 2.2...) after one point of the to do list is done and then for the next point and so on.

What you are saying is not much different from the SVNs but it would take more time to organize them.

It would be different to relasing the SVN Builds.

Many commits in SVN do not affect points of the to do list. In other cases the changes come in small pieces till the point is completed.

There must be more progress on the project page or people think the project is dead/development has been stopped. I also think the chance to get more developer is better, when the projec page is alive.

In my eyes the PCSX2 project is also killing itself by a dead project page.

Maybe it would be a good idea to work together with mamario as he is running a very good dolphin website.
(11-18-2010, 07:47 PM)KarstenS Wrote: [ -> ]It would be different to relasing the SVN Builds.

Many commits in SVN do not affect points of the to do list. In other cases the changes come in small pieces till the point is completed.
There IS no todo list. The one on the google code page can't be descriped as one.. it's just a list of random points no one is working on (and which aren't really that important either)

(11-18-2010, 07:47 PM)KarstenS Wrote: [ -> ]There must be more progress on the project page or people think the project is dead/development has been stopped. I also think the chance to get more developer is better, when the project page is alive.
Any decent coder knows where to look then (and WILL look there if he's interested in the project). We have a more or less active IRC channel and the revision logs proof that we aren't dead...

(11-18-2010, 07:47 PM)KarstenS Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe it would be a good idea to work together with mamario as he is running a very good dolphin website.
We thought about that, but the thing which sucks about his website is the huge number of ads...

---

Anyway, a new release is planned to be done once the plugin merge is done and the regressions of that have been fixed. That's the plan, we are working on it, SO DON'T ASK WHEN IT'S DONE since it's done when it's done, kthxbye Wink
I'm not very interested in official builds, I'm more interested in releasing of detailed development plans... but I guess these detailed plans doesn't really existSmile
Pages: 1 2