Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Graphics Card
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

cmccmc

Hey,
I was looking for a new graphics card to replace this ancient nVIDIA GeForce 6100 and I stumbled upon this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6814162022 . Would this be a good graphic's card for the price?

LuisR14

which one of them? Smile

cmccmc

Brilliant Card I have the same one just mines made by Inno3D, Smile I do have one issue though, sometimes the screen will go blank for a few seconds, then come alive again, i have a feeling this is a problem with my DVI-D cable though (happens rarely, around once every 20 hours, and it always seems to happen when i log into a user account, on XP and win7)

*EDIT* plays all recents games I have GTAIV, Fallout3, Mass Effect, Tom Clancy's HAWX, etc.

cmccmc

how much did you have to pay for yours?
£46.54 bear in mind, the UK overcharges everything lol(works out about $70.40)

cmccmc

So I guess the 69.99 is a good deal. If I subtract the rebate it's only 49.99.

Thanks for all the info Smile

Veeeight

I would rather buy some Radeon 3-series or one of cheapest models from 4-series - much more powerful.

cmccmc

I looked at some of the Radeon 3's and not all of them support opengl 2.1. Also I prefer nVIDIA because I've never had trouble with them.

Veeeight

(05-15-2009, 07:40 AM)cmccmc Wrote: [ -> ]I looked at some of the Radeon 3's and not all of them support opengl 2.1. Also I prefer nVIDIA because I've never had trouble with them.
Or maybe rather because U've never had any RadeonHuh Well, actually there is no big difference for any game or dolphin between opengl 2.0 and 2.1, if U've found some info that Radeon 3-series supports opengl 2.0 upgrade drivers and then U got full 2.1, most of cheaper nvidias (like 9500gt) got ddr2 memory when almost all radeons got at least ddr3, some got ddr4 and U can even find cheaper models from 4-series with gddr5 ram for less than 100$.
OK, that's exactly what I'm talking about, look at the type of memory this geforce 9500gt from your link got, and dolphin works fine with geforces 6-series that only support opengl 1.5, damn works even with Radeons from old 8-series that supports ogl 1.4, so opengl 2.0 is perfect and there is no difference between 2.0 and 2.1, maybe will be with 3.0 but this in future.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5