Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Games are too fast
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello people, it's me again with another problem >_>

Since i managed to fix the OpenGL Error, now i stepped into a problem: Games play too fast.

I was playing SSBB, when i noticed it went a little too fast, i went into windowed mode and saw this:

FPS: 143.51 - Core: JIT32 | DC - Speed: 4513 MHz [Real: 53 - IdleSkip: 4460] / 729 MHz

Is it normal for it to be THIS high? Because... Running games at full emulation speed is not a good idea.

So, is this normal? Or there is something wrong with my config?

Ps: I know that pressing TAB achieves this same result, but i didn't press it.

Edit:

Got the screenshot, it was going even faster than what i mentioned above.

http://s278.photobucket.com/albums/kk113...oofast.jpg
in DSP make sure "Enable other audio (throttling)" is enabled, and if it already is enabled, try disabling "Enable Idle Skipping" in config
FPS: 112.74 - Core: JIT32 | DC - Speed: 1620 MHz [Real: 1620 - IdleSkip: 0 ] / 729 MHz

The speed is still high, either it goes over 1000 or the game doesn't play at all without IdleSkip.

[Uploading Screenie :|]
Hmm try disabling dual core would be the next thing to try i guess. Sad
(05-14-2009, 10:24 AM)Glurion Wrote: [ -> ]Hmm try disabling dual core would be the next thing to try i guess. Sad

If that fails, just put something graphic intensive on like Vsync..
or in your system's bios reduce your cpu frequency!!!
(05-15-2009, 01:36 AM)Tuco Wrote: [ -> ]or in your system's bios reduce your cpu frequency!!!

No offense but thats just a stupid thing to say... why on earth would you reduce a computers performance when it's just an issue with some settings
isnt there some kind of option like FRAME LIMIT i if there is just select it and in the box select or write 60 dont know most emulators have tht option i think

LuisR14

well unfortunately dolphin doesn't have a frame limiter option Sad Huh
You should be able to get the games to run at regular FPS by:

Under DSP Settings, make sure you're using DSound and enable Other Audio (Throttle)
Under Graphics Settings, enable VSync under the General Tab

That will force Dolphin to throttle the FPS to the required speed of each game