Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: FPS Gain?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
How much fps gain would I get if I overclock my CPU from 3.4Ghz to 4.0Ghz in game like harvest moon: animal parade and Mario Galaxy?
That question is impossible to accurately answer. Anyone who gives you an answer would have to just be pulling numbers out of their a**.
I dunno... Some?
I would assume 17.6%, this is from math and not OC experience...
I would assume much less than 17,6% ..
Uh, some?
3 fps.... maybe 4. But we don't know it for sure unless you try it.

EDIT: Don't fry your cpu in the process.
If you do OC please let us know how much.
(11-14-2010, 09:58 AM)DrAlexander Wrote: [ -> ]If you do OC please let us know how much.

He did...
(11-13-2010, 10:54 AM)kernel64 Wrote: [ -> ]3 fps.... maybe 4. But we don't know it for sure unless you try it.

Wow tht's so few.I OC my E5200 to 3.25 Ghz,and the fps increased by at least 10 !
(11-13-2010, 10:54 AM)kernel64 Wrote: [ -> ]3 fps.... maybe 4. But we don't know it for sure unless you try it.

Quote:Wow tht's so few.I OC my E5200 to 3.25 Ghz,and the fps increased by at least 10 !

Ok first of all going from 2,5 Ghz -> 3,25 Ghz is a 30% increase in clock while going from 3,4 Ghz -> 4 Ghz is about 18 % increase in clock. Secondly the amount of increased frames is proportional to the amount of your base frames. With a 30% increase in clock if a game run before at 20 fps it will probably run at 26, according to the increase in clock speed, giving you just 6 fps more. Meanwhile a game that run at 60 fps before, it will run at 78 fps giving you 18 fps more.
And finally an increase in clock doesn't give you a complete linear increase in speed due to the chip and pc architecture. Also your GPU might be the limiting factor due to your graphic settings and a CPU overclock might give you very few fps increase( fewer than you expect) or even no increase at all.

And thats pretty much it, i think i covered everything Tongue
Pages: 1 2