Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Metroid Prime - Playable?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Bighead

The compatibility list on the main site says "Playable", and there's a thread on these forums that says it is emulated perfectly. Heck, there's even a youtube video. But, I have downloaded both 32 and 64 bit builds of the emulator (3089), and they state the game status as "Intro". I live in USA so its the only version I could get a hold of and rip. And thats about as far as I get, the intro plays, Samus looks around, and as soon as it zooms in her HUD, the game crashes with this message:

-------------------------------
Read from invalid memory region (0x3c888889)

This is either the game crashing randomly, or a TLB write. Several games uses the TLB to map memory. This function is not supported in Dolphin. Unfortunately there is no way to recover from this error, so Dolphin will now exit abruptly. Sorry!
-------------------------------

So what gives? Am I using the wrong build? The emu says Intro and thats about all I can get from the game.

PC Specs:
Intel e8500 @ 3.8 Ghz Processor
4GB OCZ Reaper 1066MHZ DDR RAM
Nvidia Geforce 9600GT Graphics Card
EVGA 750i FTW Motherboard

Veeeight

Dude, first of all U don't have to start another new thread about MP cause in here are at least 3 and 1 would be enough.
Better check Game Index Thread for now Smile