Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Memory Card File Bugs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Nakajitos

I've found a potential bug on Dolphin that might need addressing. To see if this is an isolated incident, whether for my specific machine or something that affects my specific operating system or file system, I'm running 64-bit Ubuntu 10.10 .

Now, I have noticed that when I try to move, rename, copy or pretty much do anything to the *.raw memory card save files, they bizarrely glitch out. No matter which of these I try, any attempt to load the memory card file at a later time causes the ISO to request that I format the memory card. Somehow there are elements of the file that aren't properly copying, and are affected by a renaming or moving of the file.

In case someone mentions it, I have read and write access to the file, and so far as I know I don't have any other options that should affect a copy/move/rename action. I've even tried it in root mode to make sure. If anyone else has any idea why this is happening, let me know.