Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Sound Issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
G'day.

I onle want to play a single GC game that is a legend and an epic at the same time that I've missed for so many long years.
Tales Of Symphonia. So this bug is exclusive to this game as far as I'm concerned (AKA only consider the game when you suggest solutions).

Basically, I can live with incorrect text in some of the fmvs, the stuttering \ magical changing text here and there.

My problem with the game is that when there are voiceovers of any sort and kind, it either sounds slow or fast, but it always sounds broken, like the person is trying to say it 2-3 times at once, each little sound \word broken up into bits that might or might not get said - or atleast not accurately.

Basically, the sound is f*cked and I'd really appreciate some sort of advice.
I managed to fix the game to get a stable, normal FPS (Idle skipping off, dual core on, everything else but the pad is stock set).

Thanks...,
Disable idle skipping
enable dual core
enable all dsp option
enable verticle syn @60fps
(05-14-2009, 01:52 AM)Tuco Wrote: [ -> ]Disable idle skipping
enable dual core
enable all dsp option
enable verticle syn @60fps

Same results.
The game however, runs choppier \ slower than before, especially inside of a battle. This corrected the sound problem by about 25% compared to what it originally was, but it was still stuttery - except now the first 2 tutorial battles were hilariously slow (should have taken 11 seconds. took me 48...)