Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: a Suggestion For SMG2 Performance !
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey Every One

I'd Love To Thank All Cool Developers that worked really hard to make this game playable with the EXACT graphics looking like the Wii's !!

My Suggestion is , why not make an option to turn off alpha blending and other effects like "Glowing Lumas " and such , it'll look bad but that's something will not be emulated = faster overall emulation ... !

Sorry for the long post ! just trying to help :p
Get a better system, what you are suggesting is not going to do much other than make the game look terri-bad or cause graphic anomalies. Super Mario Galaxy is a cpu heavy game, having a powerful cpu is the only thing that matters and will improve performance.
Thanx For the Rapid Reply , extreme2damax Smile

But what about people like me who have an amd cpu ? i guess if i upgrade it, i wont benefit since it'll be the same architechture , and dolphin just needs more serial processing power which is something WAY faster in modern intel platforms (I7-I5....), so is it really worth upgrade ?
my phenom 2 x 4 965 3.4 do perfect
I get 55 FPS - 60 FPS all the time on my i7 @ 4.2 Ghz, even at stock the game is still very fast. There is not much that can be done to improve performance on weaker hardware, other than further optimization of the emulator or purchasing better hardware, making games look bad (even if an option) is not the proper way to go about it. Who really wants to play the games an inferior way to how they were meant to be played, you might as well just play on the actual Wii. The whole purpose to playing games on the emulator is to at least get the same quality as on the console or superior quality, I really wouldn't want to play a game that looks worse on the emulator than on the console just for a few extra fps, if even that.

Just give time for development, perhaps some day the developers might find a way to speed up the emulator like the PCSX2 developers did with the microvu recompiler and other useful speedhacks that Pcsx2 has without sacrificing quality.
Thnx Anyways ! Just dont get too emotional Smile
Oh ! and i did say " an option "
LOL
I was saying that even making an option wouldn't be worth it, it would probably give maybe an additional 1 FPS - 2 FPS, probably not even that. That isn't very much of an increase that would make it worthwhile and games would still be or feel just as slow. Why would anyone want to play a game at a worse quality than on the actual hardware, it doesn't make sense. Most of us use Dolphin to get the same quality as on the actual hardware with the additional features or for superior quality compared to the actual hardware. The additional features are not really worth it if you are sacrificing the quality just for slightly better speed, might as well just play on a Wii.

Quote:My Suggestion is , why not make an option to turn off alpha blending and other effects like "Glowing Lumas " and such

Btw, that doesn't have an impact on speed like you think it does, and is not what is making the game run slow. I've already been over the performance issues with this game with marcosvitali and pretty much what was said is that the game requires a lot of processing power and that better hardware and optimization was the only way to increase performance. Dlist caching will probably improve performance with this game once rodolfoosvaldobogado is able to fix the remaining issues with Dlist caching and optimize the feature.
Thanks for the info ! i really appreciate it Tongue

-- maybe this is off topic , but the thing that holds me off from buying the actual wii is its graphics o_O (a modern gaming console With 480p ,are you Kidding me?).

-- And i am with every word you've said Smile quality matters ...
but i'm just too desperate for an enjoyable gameplay on my PC ....!
Then just use your Wii if you are so desperate about it, better hardware, better gaming, that's it Smile I got 50-60 fps at 1024 * 768, but If I increase my resolution to 1360 * 768 then I lose 15 fps!! xDDD, but the quality is way better than my TV xDDD