Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin is kinda slow, is it my computer?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, I've played 3 games on doplhin so far( DBZ BT3, RE0, SVR)... and in each game I only get like 7 - 15 fps in game( I get 60 fps in menu). I want to know if it is my computer? Here are my specs:

MS Windows XP Professional SP3
AMD Sempron Processor 3400+
ATI RADEON XPRESS 200 Series
446MB Ram

If it is my computer, is it anything I can do without any hardware upgrades?
probably your pc.
It's too weak.
There is nothing to do BUT getting a completely hardware upgrade.
Yeah the Sempron is very weak compared to processors today, I don't even think it's dual core. There's not much you can do other than to deal with it or shelling out for some new hardware. Playing on an actual Wii is also an option and would be cheaper than the hardware required to run most games with Dolphin acceptably.
the 3400+ is a single core.
(11-06-2010, 02:15 AM)Majin Vegeta Wrote: [ -> ]I only get like 7 - 15 fps in game( I get 60 fps in menu)
I'm impressed you get that much!

You really need a new CPU, which means you'd also need a new motherboard, which means replacing RAM and GPU....

Yeah, you're better off just getting a completely new and updated computer.
lol wow... I didn't know my computer was so outdated... I got it only 2 years ago :/
it was a weak pc 2 year ago lol
I have a feeling some poor guy got ripped off 2 years ago....
Well no... I didn't buy it. I'm in an online school and they sent me the computer for free... I have to give it back after I graduate so I probably wont get another till then.
It was a bargain if you got it for free! I actually bought my computer new about 2 years ago, replacing my old computer which I had had for like, 4 years before that. The one I replaced was similar to yours.