Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Pac-Man World 2 (Black Screen)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello.
I checked the "Games that..." Sticky, and it said that Pac-Man World 2 had been fixed. Unfortunately, I cannot get the game to run, and I've used two versions of the same title. (I have the original and Player's Choice discs. They both run on a real GameCube.) The game simply shows a black screen before eventually crashing.

I'm using Dolphin r6337 64-bit on Windows 7. All settings on their defaults. (The same result occurs on the official 2.0 release of Dolphin, as well.)

Are there specific settings that can make the game run correctly? Thanks in advance.
hmm, that game could need some settings which you find when right-clicking on the game in the game browser and clicking "properties". Try all the settings under "Core" and tell me if any of 'em works (cuz I want to add the info in the list).
The game was broken a while back along with Pokemon XD and other games due to a fifo commit of Ayanx's. The thread you were referring to likely hasn't been updated for a while, probably since before the game was broken.
Thanks for the quick replies. Strip, I tested all the "Core" options in the Properties menu, and the Black Screen result persists.

Any ideas as to the reason for this issue? (Could it be the Ayanx commits that Xtreme mentioned?)
hm, no, my list didn't even exist when Ayuanx was active here.
I'm pretty sure one of Skidau's commits fixed Pacman World 2 not too long ago...but if you say it doesn't work anymore, I'll take it out of "fixed".
Unfortunately this was one of the games besides Pokemon XD that skids commit did not fix. It still black screens at zero fps when booting no matter what my settings or configuration is, I tried all sorts of different things such as XFB, Real XFB, Safe Texture Cache, Enable MMU, MMU Speedhack, Enable Bat, Emulate Disc Transfer Rate etc.. nothing works.
hm, well, at some time at must have been working or someone falsely said it would; because otherwise I wouldn't have put it under "fixed".
The game was working back in the 4xxx revisions, but since then it hasn't worked.
Have you turned off Progressive scan and waited 5 minutes on the black screen? marcosvitale was saying that was what was needed for it to work. Maybe hammer the GameCube buttons while you are waiting. I don't have the game myself so I can't verify.
Yeah, tried everything and nothing works. Sat on a black screen for about 5 - 10 minutes before I finally stopped the emulation because it wasn't working.
Pages: 1 2