Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Help with Dolphin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

bgnportal

hey, i`m having a few problems with Dolphin.

A month ago, I used Dolphin 6262 svn and the game run at 86%.

but now, i use it again and i only get 40%.

even if i use the latest svn , its still 40%.

can u help? why is this?

also, can u tell me the best options to make game run at the greatest speed.
i have DX11
my pc is

core 2 duo 1.8ghz
ram 2gb
graphic card is nvidia geforce 8400M GT GPU ( i think its 816mb )

windows vista.

hope you`ll help coz when i saw the 86%, i downloaded a lot of games.

please help

The emulator is still under development, that is why you're seeing different speeds from revision to revision. When the finished product is ready for the public to really use, I'd hope that it will be as fast as possible. Until then, I suggest that you just stick with whatever build is fastest for you.

Stop downloading games, piracy is not allowed here.

bgnportal

its not only displaying different speed but the actual speed is also different. when displaying 86, its actually more rapid and near full speed. and even the same svn would play the same game at diff speed on diff occasions

can u tell me of the best option to use to get max speed.

and wjat about my pc, will it be ok to use to play .

my guess is speedstep or whatever its called (half asleep) is changing your cpu's speed since your on a laptop. just a guess
If your cpu is 1.8 Ghz then there's your problem, Dolphin needs at least 2.8 Ghz - 3.0 Ghz with the Core2Duo (AMD equivalent or newer) architecture to achieve decent speeds with most games. For some games that are relatively light you may be able to get away with a 2.2 Ghz or a 2.5 Ghz cpu. You probably got 86% on a movie such as an intro movie or the title screen and jumped the gun, rendering the actual game will be much slower especially with those specifications.
You have a point i have 1.8 ghz SSBM was running 2fps D: But the menu runs at 50fps so i recommend all of us who have 1.8ghz we shud stick with Project 64>Im starting to setup my Windows Xp that hasnt been touched in 3 years with no download not even word downloads im pretty sure my Windows Xp will have it 2.5Ghz pray with me Big Grin

ZeldaRaper

I need a great 2011 version that will run my will and GC iso,wads and stuff without fail if possible