Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Super Mario Bros. WII
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey everybody,

I'm using (compiled from source) Dolphin SVN R 6366-release on 32 bit Ubuntu 10.10 on a Dell Inspiron 1720 with these specs:

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo @ 2.0GHZ (SSE,SSE2,SSE3,SSSE3, 64bit support)
Graphics: nVidia GeForce 8600M
RAM: 3 Gbs.

In Dolphin:
Video Plugin: OpenGL
Audio Plugin: Dolphin-DSP-HLE

I'm trying to play Super Mario Bros. (PAL) but when I press play, I get my system specs in a yellow font and a black background screen. The FPS: 0; VPS: 37; Speed: 40-80% and it doesn't get passed that - I'm not sure about sound - my computer speakers are broken.

As of my understanding, even if the game is a bit slow, the game should be working. I looked at a Super Mario Bros. thread and nothing seems to have helped.

So, does any body have any tips on to how to get this to work? I'll be glad to answer any question you have - thanks.
I'm not really a ubuntu user, but I just want to help you any possible little bit more than harrison did:

Try updating your graphics card driver, also, you have a Dual Core processor, so there's nothing wrong in activating the "Dual core" option on the configuration's tab (linux build must have that too... right? o.O), but that's just for speed enhancement... for compatibility, try running it on Jit32, not Jit32IL, as it is more stable, try running in INTERPRETER too, only to see if it sends you any sign of life...
(11-07-2010, 08:53 AM)frango0010 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not really a ubuntu user, but I just want to help you any possible little bit more than harrison did:

Try updating your graphics card driver, also, you have a Dual Core processor, so there's nothing wrong in activating the "Dual core" option on the configuration's tab (linux build must have that too... right? o.O), but that's just for speed enhancement... for compatibility, try running it on Jit32, not Jit32IL, as it is more stable, try running in INTERPRETER too, only to see if it sends you any sign of life...

Thanks for replying,

Grapics drivers are up to date.
Dual Core was checked by default - and I would have checked it if it wasn't!
Jit32 and Jit32IL work fine on Gamecube - but neither work on Wii games. Jit32IL is slightly faster than Jit32 but still a no go. Interpreter doesn't work 100% of the time.
Hey everybody, I've enabled the 'Real XFB' emulation and now I get FPS but still a black screen:
[Image: selection_006.png]
Try disabling audio throttle.

calimero2312

Exact same bug try to workout all the options nothing work, realxfb when activated give you a green flash and then Fps are increasing in the status bar but when you overlay the real fps game Fps stay at zero
any luck to work this out

thx

(11-10-2010, 10:48 PM)NeoBrain Wrote: [ -> ]Try disabling audio throttle.

I disabled Audio - so shouldn't be an issue, thanks though.
@Jardenix Disable Progressive Scan.
(11-12-2010, 10:42 AM)hyperspeed Wrote: [ -> ]@Jardenix Disable Progressive Scan.

Thanks for the reply, when I start the game, the render window flashes green then straight black and the game doesn't work.
Same thing happens here =/ Kirby's Epic Yarn also doesn't work under linux.