Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [GC] Timesplitters 2 (NTSC)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: 2771e.th.jpg]

PC Specs:

CPU: Single-Core AMD Athlon 64 3200+, 2.4 GHz
GPU: ATI Radeon HD 3650, 1GB DDR2
RAM: 1GB DDR

Dolphin Version:
Dolphin SVN R6000 - 32-Bit

Emulator settings:

(Core Settings)
Enable Idle Skipping
Jit Recompiler
4xSSAA
16AF

(Video Settings)
DX9
Safe Texture Cache - Fast
Enable EFB Copy to Texture
EFB Scaled Copy

The game plays excellent even on my weaker PC. Although the speed does not always say 100% or close to it, it is playing very fast just the same.

[Image: ts21.th.jpg]

[Image: ts22.th.jpg]

[Image: ts23.th.jpg]

[Image: ts24.th.jpg]

[Image: ts27.th.jpg]

I just wanted to update the thread with some more pictures. I am progressing in the game fine with no real problems and the sound is working well.

[Image: dx9.th.jpg]

[Image: queenwl.th.jpg]

[Image: ts25.th.jpg]

[Image: tommyde.th.jpg]

Timesplitters 2 (NTSC) works perfectly like u said. I've also noticed that enable cpu-efb access option slows down the game even 50%. So don't use it.

duraznoz

Since my GC crapped out I dumped some of my old games and this one works mostly great, arcade mode works at 60 fps all the time, and only tested the first level of the Story mode, it has some slowdowns here and there but if I remember correctly those were even normal on the GC, similar to the slowdowns Goldeneye and Perfect Dark had on the N64. Using latest revision x64.
Hmm, where did you get the slowdown on the Story mode first level? TS2 is a pretty light game for Dolphin, and I didn't get any slowdowns. Granted, the level gets a bit more demanding when you first step out into the snow, judging from my CPU usage, but it runs 60 FPS no problem. Been awhile since I played this game (and Goldeneye & PD) on real hardware so I'll have to go back and check, but I don't remember TS2 slowing down on my GC.

duraznoz

First level, right when it begins and in the tunnel afterwards, from 60 fps it dropped to something around 45-50 fps.

Might be my hardware, or the Dolphin revision, or the config, I have mostly default, just disabled fog and enabled OpenMP texture decoder.

System: Q6600 @ 3.2GHz, 4GB @ 800MHz, HD4870. Dolphin v3.0-776 x64, DirectX 9.

EDIT: With Skip EFB access from CPU, I get constant 60 fps, everywhere. I don't know if this will bring problems later on in the game. So far it didn't crash, and I didn't notice any missing textures or graphic artifacts.