Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Mario Galaxy 2 music problem....please help!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Ge0rge

hey guys im new here....i got the newest version of dolphin, in mario galaxy 2 the music disappear after some second, like in the 1st mario galaxy, but in mini levels with minigames sometime there is the music!
what should i do to fix it please help and thanks
The only fix is using the LLE sound plugin, which will slow things down (unless you CPU is godly)
I think there's also a patch that makes the music sometimes works a little longer before stopping... se patch section
That patch was a fluke, it doesn't work as I've found out. Sometimes the music lasts longer, but it has nothing to do with the patch. The only fix is to use the LLE plugin, but you will need to dump the dsp rom and coef from your Wii, also be prepared for a hefty performance hit compared to HLE. I don't think that the upcoming Sandy Bridge architecture will be enough for full speed LLE emulation, only thing to do is wait until the developers improve LLE JIT. It's unlikely this issue will ever be fixed with the HLE plugin, just too difficult to RE and fix. The developers still haven't RE'd everything into equivalent C++ code for the HLE plugin yet as it's just too time consuming and difficult, while LLE already works much better for the most part besides performance issues and some minor sound issues.
I think that LLE on thread can greatly improve performance, but so far it's too unstable to even try. Some games don't even boot with this feature.

Oh well, we're stuck with HLE for a while.
I don't think LLE on thread even works, hardly makes any difference to performance for me. LLE JIT will likely improve performance up to the level of the HLE plugin, but more work needs to be done on LLE JIT as it's quite slow.