Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: A-Button TWICE!?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Exsecratus

Hello, everyone!
I'm new here, be nice, okay? ^^

There's a problem with the Dolphin emulator. I'm playin' Sonic Adventure 2: Battle with it. Well, it IS not as fast as my Computer could be, but well.

The problem: Often, when I press the A-Button to jump, Sonic or Shadow does a Homing Attack - just as I pressed the A-Button twice! oO I tried to press the button fast and hard, it doesn't help.

It's the same with the other characters. Tails and Dr. Eggman begin to hover, Rouge and Knuckles start gliding (sometimes causes the two not to get away from the ground!).

Please help me! In some Boss Battles (like the Egg Golem fight, where you have to jump and then do some Homing Attacks correctly multiple times in a row to damage it) this is REALY annoying!
Why do buttons sometimes react twice when I only press them once?
And how to fix it?

~ESC

P.S.: I'm using the Dolphin GC Pad Plugin (Keyboard).
P.P.S.: Hope my english is quite readable - I'm german. ^^
If you are using the Gamecube controller plugin, disconnect the emulated Wii-mote when the game starts (Alt-F5)
If you are using the wii-mote plugin, make sure that the Ports are set to <nothing> under the Gamecube tab, in the configuration settings.

Exsecratus

I do not even have a Wii, so I do not have a Wiimote either.
Do you mean I should go to the Wiimote configuration and set all Input Sources to "Inactive"?
Is it that what you meant?
Yes, you can do that too.

What Dolphin Version are you using?
It sounds like you're using an older version. Use a newer version of Dolphin: http://www.dolphin-emu.org/download.html and have a go at the newer plugin.

sephy

That problem is with Sonic Adventure 2: Battle itself. It does that with the game on a real GC too!
Also your English is excellent Big Grin Better than half the posts on this forum.