Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Another Can my rig run Dolphin thread :) and could you reccomend a budget gpu
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

haxxor5

Ok I am sure there are a million of these and I know how frustrating they can be but were all new to things every once in a while and this is something I'm new too Smile

Now that that's out of the way here is my rig
AMD Phenom X2 quad core 2.9ghz
4gb DDR2 ram
Sparkle 9500gt (I know it blows)
Can't really think of anything else that would contribute to its' performance so what I am asking is if the processor and ram are good enough.
I know I need a new gpu and I am definitely open for suggestions in the 80-150 dollar range.
-4GB is more than enough RAM

-I'm guessing by "AMD PhenomX2 quad core 2.9GHz" you meant "AMD Phenom II quad core 2.9GHz". Since I don't see any phenom IIs with that clock rate on the list I am guessing either you got the clock rate wrong or you have an athlon II not a phenom II. Can you post the exact model you have?

-You'de be surprised what a 9500GT can do with dolphin. Dolphin isn't a very gpu heavy application. As long as you keep efb scale to 1x, SSAA off, and per-pixel lighting off you should be able to run 99% of GC/Wii games at 720p without a bottleneck from your gpu. I'm not saying you will get fullspeed on most games I'm just saying as long as your settings are correct that video card will not bottleneck your cpu. Of course if you do want to use a higher efb scale, SSAA, higher resolution, or per-pixel lighting then you will need a better video card. What is your screen resolution?
Post exact model for CPU. It's probably fine. In fact your whole setup seems fine to me.