Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Unable to get newer revisions to render at my native resolution?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I used to use Dolphin back when it was on revision 4XXX, dont remember which it was, but I had things working more or less perfectly. I was rendering in 1920x1080, and things just looked fantastic.

I've had to reinstall windows and so I lost Dolphin and decided that I would try a newer revision since I didnt remember what I was on. However, in every version of 6XXX I've tried, things look very pixelated which to me indicates that its not rendering in my native res even though I've selected 1920x1080.

Is this assessment correct, and what setting must I change to fix this? I'm using the DX9 plugin and saw an option for ""Internal Resolution" but all that does is make my framerate worse without improving graphical quality.

The DirectX 11 plugin doesnt have this issue, but its also not as fast as DX9 so I dont really see using that as a solution.
Try these settings:

EFB Scaled Copy = enabled
XFB = disabled
Real XFB = disabled
EFB to Texture = enabled
Internal Resolution = Auto (fractional)

It also depends on the game (2D games won't look smooth).
Change the resolution in the display tab, for the other stuff check the plugin configuration, namely EFB scale and SSAA which you don't want to turn up too high else it will have a major hit on performance.

I would only go as high as 4x SSAA, maybe set EFB scale/Internal resolution at 2x if it doesn't decrease framerates too much.
(10-25-2010, 12:40 PM)skid Wrote: [ -> ]Try these settings:

EFB Scaled Copy = enabled
XFB = disabled
Real XFB = disabled
EFB to Texture = enabled
Internal Resolution = Auto (fractional)

It also depends on the game (2D games won't look smooth).

Thank you, turning off Real XFB solved my issue.