Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: is possible apply patch in....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
hi guys I wanted to know if I can apply a patch in a release build...if is possible can i do?

thanks for answer
download the source for the release build and compile it with the patch.
and how download the source of the specific release build?with tortoise svn?
(10-24-2010, 09:49 PM)sonic26 Wrote: [ -> ]and how download the source of the specific release build?with tortoise svn?
Yep. You can use that. And also can apply patch with tortoise.
Now, about the compiling part, (and for the whole process acctualy), you could try to read the wiki in dolphin's google code page. Good luck o/
to apply the patch and compile a release I can do well but can not find the tortoise option that allows me to extract the source of release already compiled...You know what is this option?

thanks for answer
(10-25-2010, 06:16 PM)sonic26 Wrote: [ -> ]to apply the patch and compile a release I can do well but can not find the tortoise option that allows me to extract the source of release already compiled...You know what is this option?

thanks for answer
As far as I know, you can't do what I think you want to do without decompiling the thing. That's why you have the source so you can make modifications in it before compiling. After that, only reverse engineer can help you, I'm afraid. If only we could extract code from a compiled EXE that easy... Sorry.
May I ask you what exactly are you trying to extract from the compiled thing?
I am trying to extract all files from an old revision because i apply a patch... I know in a release already out you can not apply a patch or not? however like you said I have to "reverse engineer" the release
Yes, you can apply a patch in compiled exe, if that's your doubt. But for that, you have to patch in binary level. And for that, you have to know the code that's inside the exe so you can patch at the right binary places. In other words, you have to own the source.

As for the extracting all files problem, I don't know a simple way you could do to achieve that. Did you lost the patch source file? Or are you trying to extract files from an exe compiled by other person? If that's the case, then I'm afraid I can't help you.
no i'm have the patch file but how i apply that in a compiled exe?
(10-25-2010, 07:23 PM)sonic26 Wrote: [ -> ]no i'm have the patch file but how i apply that in a compiled exe?

Ok. I will assume that you have the patch source file. So, if it is, why don't you download the dolphin's source code using tortoise, just try to apply the patch in dolphin's source using tortoise and compile just the file you want to?
Pages: 1 2