Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Brawl Texture hack! on Dolphin with Instructions (also works for Brawl +)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I found a way to apply texture / attack changes to Brawl without GeckoOS or Wii Channel...

Screenshots (Mega Man Zero attacks):
[attachment=4498]

[attachment=4499]

Master Link's Custom Brawl Pack:

[attachment=4501]

[attachment=4502]

[attachment=4503]

The music works, too, and other special character hacks I downloaded from other sites also work!

What I simply did:

1. Download Master Link's Brawl Pack
Don't forget to download the music, too Tongue

2. Obtain WiiScrubber 1.4 together with Partition Builder 1.1

3. Get your Brawl ISO, If your game is compressed, decompress it.

4. Open the archive which you downloaded, go to MLX's Custom Brawl Texture Pack\private\wii\app\RSBE\pf (directory) and put what's inside in a new folder named MLX (you can name it whatever you want, put this is for your convenience).

5. When you have the complete BRSTM archive downloaded, put it in the sound/strm folder. Delete the txt file.

6. In the folder where you extracted WiiScrubber, open makekeybin, type 42 and press generate. Open up the WiiScrubber exe you downloaded.

7. Select the Brawl ISO. Go to your partition where the data is located, it's often data 2. Then right click on it -> unencrypted partition -> extract. Create a new folder (let's call it Brawl1) to store the files. Create another folder (Brawl2) and extract apploader, bi2, boot, main.dol, partition files to there, as seen in the data 2 partiion.

8. When it's done, go to the MLX archive, to pfmenu2, then copy mu_menumain.pac to somewhere, like desktop. Then rename it to mu_menumain_en.pac.

9. Now comes the real job. Copy and paste the mu_menumain_en.pac to the menu2 folder in folder brawl1. It asks whether you want to overwrite, press YES.

10. Copy everything from the MLX archive (the directory is listed at step 4) to the respective folder (directly inside the Brawl1 folder) of the brawl data files you extracted, except for system and sound. It'll ask whether you want to overwrite: YES.

11. Again: download the 2 MLX brstms pack, scroll down on the page (link I gave you above) if you don't do so, it will say that your partition is too large.

12. Go to sound/strm folder of brawl1 and delete everything inside.

13. Go to a01 to m08 strm archive, and extract everything INSIDE brstms A01 to M08.rar\A01 - N08 directory to the sound/strm folder of brawl1.
Do same with the other archive: MLX's brstms, go to directory MLX's Brstms (N01 to Z51).rar\MLX's Brstms (N01 to Z51)\MLX's Brstms (A01 - M08)\Sound\strm and extract everything to the sound/strm folder of brawl1

14. Now comes the last, easy part: open partitionbuilder 1.1, NOT 1.0!
You can search it up @ google.
It will ask you the source files. Now select all those files with the '...' in your brawl2 folder. then select brawl1 as source directory. it will ask you whether you are sure to create the partition. Press YES.

15. Now go to Wiiscrubber ->data 2 (in my case, because it's pal) just go to the data partition -> right click ->unencrypted partition -> load and select the partition you just created.

16. DONE! Tongue PLAY! (when it's done of course)

one bug remains: I said not to copy system directory.. in my case it's black when I do so, but this is nothing serious. It just means you have the old character select, but selecting a character color will still give you the new, modified colors in this pack, so don't worry.

If you want to know how to apply those simple character hacks, like other special attacks or movements, I can tell you too, just ask. It's MUCH easier.
Brawl Plus works the same way. To apply Brawl plus, follow some of the above steps, but only extract the partition, extract the Brawl + files located in private/wii/pf of the Brawl + package you downloaded.
Then replace the fighter / stage in place of the original (of Brawl 1 folder) with Brawl Plus, build the partition and you're done.
If you don't understand anything, feel free to leave a reply or contact me.
How? By replacing the files in the iso? Gecko codes used directly in Dolphin? Modded Dolphin source to load the custom files like with hi-res textures?

And "Wii channel", you mean Wii Menu??
(10-24-2010, 06:53 AM)KHRZ Wrote: [ -> ]How? [color=#006400]By replacing the files in the iso[/color]? Gecko codes used directly in Dolphin? Modded Dolphin source to load the custom files like with hi-res textures?

And "Wii channel", you mean Wii Menu??

i think that was Diathorus did because is to difficult to use homebrew channel in dolphin and the wii menu is very useless in the emulator
Yeah, but that was known already, but if it was one of the others then it would be actually a new way.
come on Diathorus what did you do give us some details i want to know.
(10-24-2010, 07:28 AM)knglrk Wrote: [ -> ]come on Diathorus what did you do give us some details i want to know.
Look above, I updated the text.

chimpakt

When I extract the partition data 2 (it's # 0 for me, but the second option) that all I get is .dat files, but i see at the bottom of the thing it says that fighter, menu, stage, etc. files did get extracted and one file, dummy1.dat, has 195 mb, so im thinking maybe that's the file with everything? Thing is I can't open it or read it Sad.

Make of video of this, I wanna see how it look first before I try it.
(01-26-2011, 11:27 AM)chimpakt Wrote: [ -> ]When I extract the partition data 2 (it's # 0 for me, but the second option) that all I get is .dat files, but i see at the bottom of the thing it says that fighter, menu, stage, etc. files did get extracted and one file, dummy1.dat, has 195 mb, so im thinking maybe that's the file with everything? Thing is I can't open it or read it Sad.

redump the game... you probably made a mistake, NTSC and PAL may have different partitions
You can see and get textures here:

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php
Pages: 1 2 3