Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Help me with WII emu-r6298 on Linux
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Prot

Sorry for my bad english..
I'm play GC games - it is emulated almost perfectly, but i try several Wii games, it's not started at all..
I'l google it many time but it not help me to resolve my problem.

I build dolphin from SVN, and try run wii games from r6248 to r6298.
My system:
AMD Athlon™ II X4 640 Processor 3Ghz
GeForce GT 240/PCI/SSE2/3DNOW!
OpenGL version string: 3.3.0 NVIDIA 256.53
OpenGL shading language version string: 3.30 NVIDIA via Cg compiler
Linux kernel 2.6.32-25-generic
X.Org X Server 1.7.6

When i'l run Wii game, it's loading, i'l see some information in yellow text up-left window and stack on black screen. And no output information to console.
How i can help to resolve this problem, what the information need to resolve this, what i can do ?
Maybe i'm doing somthin' wrong?
Did you configure the keyboard/nunchuk properly? Make sure it works before starting game. Some games may need a savefile to operate.

Prot

(11-12-2010, 01:40 AM)pokipoki08 Wrote: [ -> ]Did you configure the keyboard/nunchuk properly? Make sure it works before starting game. Some games may need a savefile to operate.

Yes, i will configure the Nunchuk, and try other controles over keyboard and gamepad.
When i will run game, status bar of dolphin say's "Wiimote connected" - after that, FPS take a zero place, but VPS is 30 and SPEED 50-60%.

I'l try the game Super Smash Bros Brawl, New Super Mario Bros, Super Mario Galaxy - they all same stock on the loading.. Nothing.. except black screen.. =(

Now i'l download source of the 6423 revision.. I hope after compiling and new trying, i get sompting worked..
Did you disable audio throttle in the DSP HLE config? ..

Prot

(11-16-2010, 04:16 AM)NeoBrain Wrote: [ -> ]Did you disable audio throttle in the DSP HLE config? ..

Enable and Disable it, and experiment on all 3 checkbox - no difference..
Also enable and disable dualcore and OpenCL (build with cuda) - no difference..
A few things to do to find the error:

1. download the official linux binary and test run.
http://dolphin-emu.com/downloads.php?cat_id=9

2. after starting dolphin-emu, go to Menu->View->Show Logwindow-> change Verbosity from "notice" to "error", run the game and check for errors. Try this with both the official binary and the version you compiled.

3. make sure you satisfy all the required dependencies
http://code.google.com/p/dolphin-emu/wik...pendencies

4. do a search for "linux" in the forums, I recall there's a conflict between xorg and dolphin-emu, but the problem could be solved by recent builds/svn

5. here's a guide to configure dolphin-emu for proper playback
http://www.dolphin-emu.org/performance.html

6. the game you are running may need a savefile to start properly
from the dolphin-emu main window, right-click on your game and select "Open Wii save folder" and copy a savefile there. Find the savefile in the forums or elsewhere.