Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin Alternative Icon
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey folks,

since I can't thank you enough for the great emulator or contribute in coding I decided to put my design skills to work.

The only thing I didn't liked about dolphin was the chubby star icon. It's cute, I know... but since it's a powerful emulator of two great video game systems, it deserved something more appropriate (also I didn't like the way it stood next to its other icon friends on my os x dock Tongue).

So I decided to create one on my own. One that would merge the playful gamecube cube with the wii's clean design. This is what I came up to:

[attachment=4492]

I think it is pretty self-explanatory.

Then after some days having fun with dolphin and its brand new icon it ocurred to me I could turn that wiicube into a letter G... I couldn't come up with something that satisfacted me, I still preferred the first version. Plus, if it forms a G it is more gamecube than Wii and distances itself from dolphin which starts with D (yes, I overthink things sometimes... But still, there might be someone who likes it.

[attachment=4493]

Both icons are included in the zip, with windows and mac versions.
[attachment=4494]
hmm...
I vote for the last.

Both (and the current icon) are inappropriate.

The cube is ok, but I don't see the (light-)blue lines as a part of the wii.
I will more wii because the gamecube isn't a current system. There are no games for it in the production.

Or in the cube with the gamecube "G" the wii "W".

Despite all: It's a good beginning. Smile