Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Something seems to have slowed down some games.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Before I was getting full speed constantly with EFB to Ram in New Super Mario Brothers, but now my FPS are halved or are about -10 from before in this game with Copy EFB to Ram Enabled.

Without idle skipping enabled, FPS is usually halved with EFB to Ram in NSMB, I don't think this was an issue before for me..
I think it may have been this commit:

http://code.google.com/p/dolphin-emu/sou...ail?r=6288

That's the only one I can think of, seems like it may have broke rodolfoosvaldobogado's hybrid EFB -> Ram method. I will test to confirm this and report back, I already tested r6284 and it does not exhibit these slowdowns.
yeah me too , i've been having problems with efb to ram
its seems when i enabled it cause some to glitches and even make dolphin
freeze.
I also noticed that while idle skipping speeds up the game a bit with EFB -> Ram, it is still slower than before.

I have two more commits to test before I test 6288 to see if that's what caused the slowdowns.
Unrelated to 6288, but unless idle skipping is enabled framerate in NSMB will be halved with Copy EFB -> Ram.

I'm not sure but I think 6288 may have caused slowdown even with idle skipping enabled however I'm not sure what is causing it.
Yes, the revision that caused the slowdowns is definitely r6288. Framerate in NSMB is halved even with idle skipping enabled as long as I'm using Copy EFB to Ram.
what about the newest revision which is SVN 6298 ?
That's fine, it's definitely r6288 that caused it.
good to hear
I guess merging the plugins are going to be a bad idea if things slow down any more. I guess if they're going to continue to commit and not test, maybe they can fix it after the fact.
remember you are trying WIP builds. performance decreases increases, crashes and baked computers are to be expected.
Admittedly, just merging plugins shouldn't slow down stuff though Big Grin
Not sure where the mistake is, but that certainly needs to be addressed...
Pages: 1 2