Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Projection in newer revs?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

insane111

I'm not sure if this the right forum, but I wanted to report a bug

Ever since the projection hack was "fixed" and removed as a checkbox, it made a couple games VERY dark. I'll include some example screenshots

Shot 1 is rev 2666

Shot 2 is rev 2117 with projection hack before R945 DISABLED. Enabling it will cause the exact same issue seen in shot 1. It only darkens the in game graphics, menus and everything else are fine as you can see.
Have you tried enabling ZTP Bloom hack?

insane111

(03-26-2009, 05:16 PM)nosound97 Wrote: [ -> ]Have you tried enabling ZTP Bloom hack?

yep, trust me I tried every enabling and disabling every checkbox there is Tongue
ZTP Bloom hack is some kind of projection too AFAIK. Seems the problem is not fixed for every game. At least I'm playing Mario Kart Wii with proper projections. Tongue
Projections seem to be ok, I think we have viewport bugs or possible depth bug. The extra black could be result of something bugged like bad alpha testing, or the tev didn't blend right, etc. The projections have been finally decided to be correct. I'd say some of the tev stuff is not rendered correctly, like the overlayed copied EFB has a bad Z place. ZTP bloom hack adjusts the projection by a factor of .1 to get the overlaying Bloom layer to show.