Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Error when trying to run game on DolphinIL x64
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey i recently upgraded my os from vista x32 to the x64 version, i have always compiled the latest svn myself using visual studio pro 2008 and never had any problems, but now since upgrading i cant get DolphinIL x64 to work, it compiles perfectly with no errors but everytime i try to play a game i get this message 'DSPInterface(w) g_dspState.DSPControl gets a value with junk in the padding 00005002' after which the emulator just sits there doing nothing, the standard Dolphin x64 works fine with no problems, my first thought was a problem with the directx sdk but wouldnt that show up when compiling the source, any ideas anyone its driving me crazy.

cmccmc

x64's IL version is busted bad

MarioMadness

Yeah, Its Broken For X64 ( Sadly ) lol
actualy...

the il version is a try out to use fast memory on 32 bits, wich is a feature of 64 bits archteture...

so u wouldnt need the il version on 64 bits, happens that besides that theres some other implementations on the il version, that make resident evil remake faster on that version, but so far, thats the only game wich runs better than the 64 bit version under IL

cmccmc

(05-12-2009, 12:32 PM)hakunushi Wrote: [ -> ]The il version is a try out to use fast memory on 32 bits, which is a feature of 64 bits architecture...

Not even close. The IL is an entire different core than the standered JIT. The JITIL Core is less stable but is faster. The x64 IL build is not high priority for the devs because x64 is already faster than x86
(05-12-2009, 12:32 PM)hakunushi Wrote: [ -> ]actualy...

the il version is a try out to use fast memory on 32 bits, wich is a feature of 64 bits archteture...

Fast memory? the memory of a 64bit system can be used on 32bit system there's no difference, the reason for 64bit being faster is the fact that the system uses 64bit strings of binary rather than 32bit strings, effectively doubling the performance of data transfer, if a 32bit system could do this there would be no difference between the two types of operating system.

On topic though, like cmccmc said JITIL is a completely different core.