Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Frontend for Multiple Dolphin SVNs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

ckenni

I've read and searched through-out the forum and while there are some talks about front-ends that might support Dolphin, I still need some fresh opinion regarding this issue.

Each game that i currently have use completely different graphics settings, controller setups and some even use completely different SVNs thats why I mostly set-up separate Dolphin installations for each game that i possess.

However the problem is having too many dolphin executables to choose from which begs for the need of a front-end to launch all these games from.

I've been researching about different front ends (emucc, gameex, etc.), and its proving difficult to find the exact front-end that willl allow me to select Wii/GC games from a single list but most of the games will be using a different emulator or svn.

Does anyone have any suggestion on how to go about this? I'd love to hear your opinions on how you handle having to use multiple dolphin svns.
I just rename the dolphin shortcuts with the game names (like Zelda Wind Waker, and it opens the revision that I optimized it on)
, and put the game iso or gcm in that svn's folder to be scanned (so when you start the emulator there's just that 1 game).

The emu's been getting exponentially better since it was first released so I only keep around 3 to 4 revisions, since usually the latest one works fine for most games (with a few exceptions that need older versions)
You can customize alot of the settings in the game properties too...so if you have some tht just need safe textur to cache...then go into the properties and just check is...not box but check...and the others just uncheck...make sur it is blank...and now you can have like maybe 2 or three games for 1 svn tht runs them all well.