Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: what better beetween amd opteron dc or phenom 2 x4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
i wanna change my amd 5000+ x2 2.6ghz with 3gig 800 mhz

i asking what should i chooses opteron or more expansive but i dont really care if is very more powerful and you could put 2 cpu dual core
and does dolphin support 2 dual core

i really dont know what better and why thx for advice
well i don't know the specs of those processors, but if this upgrade is for dolphin a dual core with around 2.6GHz clock speed should be fine (needs support of SSE2), if those processors are around the same clock speed then you should base your decision on cache size (the more cache the better).
neither get an intel quad core

LuisR14

(05-12-2009, 02:37 AM)KiloFeenix Wrote: [ -> ]neither get an intel quad core
give some base to your advice, because just saying to "buy an intel quad core" is not a good advice Sleepy
(05-12-2009, 02:40 AM)LuisR14 Wrote: [ -> ]
give some base to your advice, because just saying to "buy an intel quad core" is not a good advice Sleepy

lol that and a quad core is useless for Dolphin,
the phenom 2 is better than the opteron. The phenom 2 is based on k10 uarch, while opteron is k8/k9.

cmccmc

(05-12-2009, 03:48 AM)Glurion Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-12-2009, 02:40 AM)LuisR14 Wrote: [ -> ]

lol that and a quad core is useless for Dolphin,

If your buying a new proccesor just for dolphin then that's sad.

LuisR14

at least i am going to get a newer cpu just for dolphin, pcsx2 AND faster speed Tongue
but did dolphin support 2 cpu can get 2 cpu dual i dont know but if dolphin can you it that should be great and no i dont wanna this only for dolphin gta4 and all new game will be very big and i wanna some think fast for a less 1 year

now i got amd 5000+ x2 gf8 gts 8600 512m
800 mhz memori and in gt4 my setting is med if i go more the game lag

LuisR14

yes dolphin supports dual-core cpus (and quad-cores too, but not fully), and i thought GT4 used 3 cores (not 2) Smile
Pages: 1 2